My Daughter Needs Your Vote for School Project

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
My daughter Emma is a 7th grade student. After learning about surgical robotic technology in their science classes, seventh-graders in my daughter’s school district were invited by our local hospital to develop a creative name for their new Da Vinci Surgical Robot. Each seventh-grade science class submitted the winning name from their class and voting by a combination of community leaders and the public will narrow down the list to the top five. Leaders at the hospital will pick the top two names, and the classes that submitted those names will be invited to the hospital for a special event to reveal the winning name.

Emma submitted the name “Miracolo”, her reason is as follows:
"For the robot I chose the name Miracolo. I chose this name because Da Vinci was Italian and I wanted to pick an Italian name. Miracolo is the Italian name for miracle. Also it will bring new hope to people. It is truly a miracle. This robot is a miracle for surgical procedures. It makes smaller incisions and can help people heal faster. It can do what surgeons find more difficult to do by themselves. This is why I chose to name the robot Miracolo."

Her submission has made it to the top ten and is now open to public voting. Emma and I would appreciate your vote for Miracolo. Please follow the following link to vote:

http://www.lakotaonline.com/popup_info.cfm?myPoll=2

Attachments

• DSC_0003 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0003 - Copy.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
For those of you voting for Emma's name "Miracolo", if you have multiple browsers (ie. Internet Explorer, Moxilla Firefox, Google Chrome) on your computer, you can vote once on each browser. You can also vote from home and work computers, iPads and smartphones. Sorry to sound like such a cheater but Em just found out her name made it to the top 10 yesterday while others found out much sooner thus had a head start on the voting.

I think your daughter put a lot of time and thought into this name, and she certainly deserves my vote and hopefully the winning vote. Good luck!

Voting is only open through tomorrow. Please register your vote to help my daughter out. She is so close to being one of the top five names and that is all she wants - to be one of the top five so that is it is then up to the hospital administration to pick the best name for the Da Vinci Robot. Thanks to all who have voted!

Sorry I missed the deadline. Tell your daughter I think her name was wonderful, I had surgery with a DaVinci robot 2 years ago. I was so happy the doctor could do something so delicate without having to completely cut me open. It makes a huge difference to have this technology!

Latest posts

Back