my chins are eating fleece!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinewifey4433

So I'm not sure where to put this, So i posted it here... I totally decked out my FN cage today. It took me hours! Then the chins started eating all the fleece! So I had to take out all the fleece! Is this normal? I read everywhere on here they usually don't touch the fleece! I was so dissapointed. The cage looked amazing! Anyone have any idea's on what i can do?

Were they just nibbling on it or were they actually tearing it apart? If they were tearing it, what kind of fleece was it?

Generally chins taste test everything, especially if it is something new. If they were just nibbling the fleece, it's completely normal. Fleece is pretty hard to tear apart and it doesn't fray, so they usually get discouraged and leave it alone.

I agree with Stacie, especially if they've never had fleece before they were probably just testing it. If they were just nibbling and taking off little fuzzies then chances are once they realize it's not edible they'd leave it alone.

Every time I put in new fleece items my girls nibble on it for a bit and then leave it alone.

But if they actually tore holes in it, then it would need to stay out.

I brought a girl home who had never even seen fleece before. She dug and tried to tear at it for a couple days. She gave up and no longer even bothers.

Okay thank you all for your answers, Im just no longer going to put fleece in there, even though i want too soooooo badly! I'll figure out another way to decorate the cage.

This morning i noticed a couple of holes on my fleece liner that i use to cover up my plastic pan. They have never done this before so i m wondering if i have to remove all the fleece or were they just trying to get the dust that fell throught the fleece onto the pan?

Latest posts

Back