My chinchillas are going to be on the news! :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chin_gal

Me? Addicted?
I just got a call from Falls Road Animal Hospital (the emergency vet i take my chinchillas to) and they asked if I would bring two of my chinchillas to join the vet on a segment during the morning news! I of course got excited, and said of course. :D If you are in the area and want to watch, it is on WBAL saturday morning. And if you are not in the area, I will try to get the segment uploaded :)) This is so cool! I think I know who I'm going to bring. Charlie my pink white, and Cherry my standard grey. They're going to be stars! :D

HPIM7098Custom-1.jpg

HPIM7090Custom-1.jpg

That's great Brittney! I'm sure we'd all be thrilled to watch it, so if you can link us to it on line or upload it yourself, please let us know.

hehe, thanks everyone! :)) As far as I know it's at 8:40am. I have to call back though to make sure of the time I need to be there, so I'll double check. It all happened so fast I missed a few things. We were just sitting around watching the TV, when Falls Road came up on the caller ID, lol. We had no idea why they were calling!

Who is doing their hair and makeup? I'd love to volunteer! LOL! Really exciting news, I'm sure you're very proud!

awww that's neat!! We had to take Sesame there for an emergency and the vet we saw was great and knew what to do. I'll DVR it (erm... I can't wake up that early on Saturdays... lol ).

Thanks again everyone! :)) I can't wait! Now, I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to be on camera or not, or just the chinchillas. And they said I have to be there at 8:40am this Sat morning, so it's sometime after that. Here is an example of one of the pet segments: http://www.wbaltv.com/video/21615551/index.html Now I'm wondering if I should bring two cagemates instead because it looks like all of these segments only have 1 person holding the animals. Charlie and Cherry are male and female for one, and they could fight for another. But either way, I don't see how he could handle two chinchillas at once?

Edit: Ok, I just called them and they did tell me he'll be holding two of them at once, so I will still be taking Charlie, but I'll also be taking Roscoe, his cage mate. I really wanted to take a standard and a mutation, but I don't have any of those pairs. Roscoe is a white mosaic (avatar), so there will be two white chinnies, lol. I'm still a little concerned on how he's going to hold two chinchillas at the same time while talking, but I guess he's used to doing this.

Last edited:
Is it going to be live or do they tape and air later?

It will be live. And I do think I will take her just in case. We shall see what happens. :)) Saturday is going to take an eternity to get here, lol.

Back