My Chin peed on me!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheri7

Last night I had my 2 female chins out for play time and we were playing our blanket game. Basically I hold a blanket over me and one likes to run under it and all over me. I was laying on the floor with my head propped on a pillow and Jez was sitting between my neck and should and I felt something warm and realized she was peeing on me. EWWWW! Pooping on me is no big deal but peeing is kinda gross.

I don't know if she was excited, or scared or angry or she just had to pee at that moment so she did.

Anyone ever experienced this or have any words of wisdom. I certainly hope this was a one time thing and doesn't happen again.

They have never sprayed me, so I'm thinking maybe I was a little too hands on with her. I've had them for almost 2 years and I still can't pick them up. So when we play with the blanket I try to touch and hold them as much as possible. Maybe it was just too much for her.

I don't know that you were too hard on her. If she was unhappy about something she'd be more likely to spray you.

I've been peed on before, and I just think it's more like they need to go and don't care where they are!

Do you use fleece liners? Is the blanket you use for this game fleece? If yes to both of these questions that would explain it. She had to go and the blanket reminded her of her fleece.

Otherwise, she just had to pee and that was a good spot.

One time my friend had her chin out with my sister's and my friend's chin jumped on her shoulder behind her head, and peed. It was astonishing.... We were speechless. She was probably scared of my sisters chin, but we never expected that to happen.

did she make any noise before she did it? I learned my lesson with one of my boys about a year ago. I was sitting on the couch and he was in my lap, then all of a sudden he started squeaking and jumping all over me, he did this for like 5 minutes then, stopped dead in his tracks on my knee and peed. That was my "a- HA" moment. Then he looked at me like, I tryed to warn you.

Good thing they are so fluffy, you can use them as a sponge after! (kidding obviously, please don't hit me.)

Annie is a "Pee-er". My family and I joke that she pees on all of the things that she loves, to mark her territory, or maybe just show her affection! Feeding time? She runs into the corner and pees for joy. Play time? Hooray! She runs to her wood chew block, pees on it, then comes out. For a long time, she had a terrible habit of peeing in her food dish! She would eat her fill, then pee in the bowl once she was done. The only way to solve the problem was to buy a new bowl, and after that she never peed on her food again. (I guess she didn't like the bowl!)

Anyways, she has only ever peed on me once. She was out for playtime, and was snuggled cozily on my shoulder. That in itself was unsual, because Annie is not my "snuggly" Chin; Dude is. The next thing you know: torrential downpour on my shoulder! Then she hopped off, and went back to running around like nothing had happened.

Annie is sort of my "problem child" ;)

Latest posts

Back