My chin loves to eat paper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shopaholic0514

So my chin Nemo loves to chew everything, as per my previous posts, he's tried everything he could. And now his new fav is paper, I make sure he is not chewing any paper other than blank printing paper, not sure if they are safe? I have planty of chew toys for him, but he doesn't care, he likes to explore the outside world with chewing. sigh...:hair:

If he's really obsessed with paper chewing, I'd restrict his environment a little more. I'd hate to hear of some sort of impaction from actually consuming it. Maybe play time it the bathroom, where he's more easily monitored?

Cardboard from boxes? Brown paper bags from take out food places? Are they safe?
I tried my best to make my apartment chin safe, but I still have furnitures and stuff around, he just chew everything! I tried to only put him in the bathroom, but he's bored of it already, he has explored everything and dissapointed since there is nothing for him to chew on, so, all he did in the bathroom was to sit there and be sad... After spending tons of money I have so many toys and fun stuff in his cage but all he wants is to come out. :(

Cardboard boxes from what I understand is safe. They even make play houses and mazes for the chinchillas. I have used a paper bag with Annie before, well she found it rofl! But she would go in it role around then get out and hop on it.

Ok, now I have both cardboard and paper bag in his cage, see if that little pain in the butt would chew on it. :D

Ha! I just ordered new toys from AZChins, I need to keep his cage changing so he will forget about the outside world a little bit.

For cardboard I give the bagels or chubes. Loose paper does nothing for the teeth, at least stiff carboard they need to work the get that scrap.

i buy cereal nowadays in the family size boxes just so the chins can have something fun to play with/in, lol. soon as i get home from grocery shopping the bag of cereal comes out of the box and the box goes to the chin room.

i also save the little 4 pack paperboard boxes from pre-mixed rye n coke or rye n ginger drinks that me and my best friend tend to indulge with once in a while. they are the perfect size for play time fun, the boys like to pop inside, turn around (there is barely enough room for them to do this, it's so comical), then come zooming out like a bat outta heck! :rofl:

Back