My buddy might not make it

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kt707

Hello all- I have officially grown desperate. As I have wrote before I have been battling my 2 1/2 year old hedgehogs illness. Green and light brown diarrhea, loss of weight and appetite, and lethargy. I have been to the vet 3 times and he has tried 3 different antibiotics. The final step was to do an ultrasound but I just don't have the money. I just checked on him and he is laying lifeless in the corner of his house not even under his blanket. Im so crushed and I don't know what to do. I dont think he is going to make it through the night.

He's still really lethargic. I took him to the emergency ER vet and they weren't confident on his care since they don't know hedgies. They gave him some fluids and Im going to try and get a some chicken baby food down him. Our regular vet for him is closed today so tomorrow Im going to try and get him in.

He has really gone down hill. He's laying almost lifeless. Got a little water down him. I'm in Jacksonville Florida can anyone recommended where I can take him? My regular hedgie vet is closed for the holiday.

I wish i had more of a clue to be able to help you. I'm a first time owner myself so don't really have much to offer in the way of advice. Im assuming you've checked all the comon avenues like the temperature etc?

I know this is late, and I am so sorry for your loss. If you decide to get another hedgie, I recommend Riverside Animal Hospital. Dr. Rossi is an excellent exotic vet.

Latest posts

Back