Multi ChinSpin/Flying Saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelodyR

I have two FN 143 cages - one with 4 boys and a Chin Spin, one with 3 boys and a Flying Saucer. As is typical, everyone wants to play on them at the same time. Not a huge problem, one just knocks the other off, and I wonder if it's a game for them.:pillowfight:

Does anyone with trios/quads use TWO of these in any combination? Has anyone put BOTH a Chin Spin and a Flying Saucer in the same cage and what were the results?

I was thinking of having one of each in both cages, but I hate to take up the extra space if they'll only end of using one anyway. Thoughts?

I know of some people who have put 2 chin spins in with quads or trios. I don't see where one of each, or two of the same would cause an issue, especially in a cage that large.

I guess I meant has anyone ever put both a Chin Spin and a Flying Saucer in the same cage? I just wondered if they would start using only one of the two, and leave the other alone, in other words, if it would be a waste. Or would they actually go back and forth between the two?

Just trying to keep the little darliings happy! Thanks!

They may, though chins usually choose what they like. If you already have a chin spin in there, and you know they use it, I would just go for a second chin spin. You may very well end up with what you're a afraid of with a wheel that's different. A wheel that just sits there. If all else fails though, you can always order a flying saucer and try it out. You wouldn't be losing that much money since people on the forum grab them up like hotcakes for just a little less money.

well here is my wheel story, I have two girls in a 142, at first I had just a flying saucer. Maddie used the saucer but Mitzie didn't. So I sold the saucer and got a chinspin, well then Mitzie used the chinspin but Maddie didn't really use it... so I bought another saucer thinking Maddie missed her's and she would use it. So at this point I had a saucer and a chinspin. Well no one was using the saucer, so I sold the saucer and just ordered another chin spin. :wacko: I have wasted a lot of money on wheels! I say get another chinspin, no saucer

Switch wheels to see what they do with the kind they're not used to for a week. If they figure out the differences and use it just as happily, I'd spring for both in each cage. And like Essentia said, the resale on those wheels on this forum is great, so if it turns out they really don't use one, you're sure to get most of your $$ back.

I'd also reinforce the dickens out of the cage, though. They can really get rolling in those things, and two at once could shimmy things you think are in there securely.

Back