Mulberry Wood Chews

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillin2005

Shadow's mom
So, I just bought Mulberry Wood Chews from user rpksports on Ebay. It was on bid and was going to end and nobody bid on it. I just had to buy it. Has anyone bought anything from this user? I'm very, very hesitant on buying harvested wood from someone I don't know, and though he has positive reviews, I'm just worried. I really wouldn't risk my chinchilla's life for anything. Yes it's organic mulberry wood that someone harvested. I'm just worried giving these to my chinchilla. He hasn't had mulberry before either.

Teresa (a longtime member here) used to be "yorkiesports", if that is who you mean, but she changed her ebay name to "lotsofchinchillathings" recently.

She's a very reputable seller and also has her own site: www.chinchillathings.com

I did a quick search for "rpksports" and didn't find any seller by that name, so I'm assuming you meant Teresa.

:)

I was wondering if it was normal for the wood to have a smoky smell? They smell like smoke? I know they were baked, but is this normal?

No, the wood should not have a smoky smell. It could be that they caught some of the batch on fire (it happens). It won't hurt your chin but they may not be as interested in chewing it because it doesn't smell or taste as good.

Yeah mulberry should never smell like smoke. To me it smells like gram crackers. Lol. I love gram crackers so I think it smells good. Even if the wood was left in the oven to long and burned a little it still doesn't smell like smoke.

Becarefull of rpksports. They have stolen my pictures to use on their ebay store postings and refuse to take it down. Ive also had problems with him buying things from me. He accuses you of things that aren't true. Hes very rude also. Not a pleaseant person to work with.

I'd be worried it was cigarette smoke which could be harmful. I know a lot of people on ebay make it a point to either say they don't smoke or the steps they take to make sure their products don't pick it up.

Interesting, I've ordered Mulberry wood from rksports on Ebay. I received my package 2 weeks ago. No smells and no problems (other than being provided the wrong tracking number).

^Did you happen to notice where the package came from?

Ebay says the user was based in the United Kingdom and Randy-Chin (the member here) is in Wisconsin.

Ebay also say rksports is no longer a registered user.

:hmm:

Last edited:
^Did you happen to notice where the package came from?

Ebay says the user was based in the United Kingdom and Randy-Chin (the member here) is in Wisconsin.

Ebay also say rksports is no longer a registered user.

:hmm:

Hi There,
Yes, it was Randy- He hand wrote a thank you note and his name on the invoice. Also, I made a mistake; I just checked my ebay history, the user name is rpksports, not rksports (sorry, missed a letter). rpksports is still active and has items for sale.

I bought mulberry wood twigs and rose hips (unfortunately though, Baby Chin doesnt like rose hips).

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back