Mr. Whiskers' Chinniversary

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn & The Chins

The Chinchilla WhisKerer
It was seven years ago today that I pulled into a parking spot in the small town of Evanston, Wyoming, to meet an old friend for lunch at my 35th H.S Reunion. The shop in front of me was Summit Pets, and I figured the chances of them having a chinchilla were very small, but hey -- I had been on a quest for several years to see and pet a live chinchilla. I didn't know they could be owned as pets.

I heard the birds tweeting and saw the fish tanks. And then, lo and behold, I saw a sign that said "Chinchilla for sale $139.99". I was so excited that I ran over to look at it. He was asleep in his plastic tube in a large aquarium. I asked the owner if I could pet him. He said, go right ahead -- he's really friendly. So I reluctantly woke him up and he immediately started whisking my arm with those amazing whiskers for which he is named and crawling up my arm.

It was then that I uttered those now famous words, "Oh, my God -- you are the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! If I could take you back to Denver with me I would name you Mr. Whiskers and love you forever!!!"

I had lunch with my friend, took her to see how cute he was and she, seeing how much in love with him I was, encouraged me to get him. I went immediately to the library to find out what I could about chinchillas.

Long story short, I bought him and took him back to Denver with me and named him Mr. Whiskers and I am now loving him forever!!! :)

It was one of the happiest days of my life!!!

Since I got him on the Fourth of July and the pet store didn't know how old he was -- they guessed about 4 months, I celebrate, as one of my Chinnie friends calls it, his "Gotcha Day" every 4th of July!!!

I LOVE YOU, MR. WHISKERS!!! :hearts:

Happy Chinniversary Lynn and Mr. Whiskers! Many more years of happiness to you both!

If Mr. Whiskers could talk, he'd say it was the happiest day of his life too!

Love you Lynn. Love you Mr. Whiskers.

I love these fate stories! Happy Chinniversary! 7 years and counting!

I remember when you told Carol and I this story on the way to the show last year!!! What a lovely store!! Happy chinaversary Mr Whiskers!

Back