Moving Houses

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

Hello All,

My family & I are moving house around this time, we are supposed to be in it and done moving by January 15th. This house gives Binx a place of his own (Guest Bedroom) so I'm really excited for the move.
However, I'm not sure how to go about moving a chinchilla. I of course would move him last, but is there any other tips you guys would be able to give me? Like, making him feel at home in the new environment, etc.
Thanks!

As long as his cage is there and you are there, he should feel right at home. Good luck on the move.

Mine had no problem when I moved last year. Some moved in the back of a Uhaul since the trip was so short.

They really do adjust well. Do to unforseen circumstances, my 4 chins (at the time) and I moved four times within a three month period. They adjusted just fine. If it helps, let them have play time near whichever carrier or cage you plan on transporting them into. \

This way they get to know it and feel like it is theirs and are okay with hanging out in it for awhile while you get things set up for them

Im sure they would do fine. They arent as fragile as a flower. Maybe just have some scents from the old home transferred to the new home. Toys, Accessories, and of course the cage.

Latest posts

Back