Moving 6 hours away from home

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gizandcharlie

In August i'll be transferring to a new college and getting an apartment up by Rochester, NY. I'll be bringing my two chinchillas Gizmo and Charlie with me. :cute: I was just wondering, what are some things I can do to make the ride easier on them? Six hours is a LONG time, but it has to be done unfortunately.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Do your chins use a potty box? Reason I ask is the design of a carrier for long distance travel that worked for my chins included a potty box, chins were happy they did not have to sit in their own pee or in one chins case hold it in until they got there-this is on 8 hr trips mine take regularly.

As long as you keep the chins at an appropriate temperature, they will be fine. Chins do surprisingly well in the car, much of the time they sleep during the trip. I often take chins for rides in the car when I pick up or deliver chins...they will be in the car for 8 to 10 hours and they do fine. Make sure to put in some toys and food and some hay, that seems to help keep the chins occupied and calm.

Back