More Snow

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
The NJ/PA area is bracing for an even bigger storm. This time my area is predicted to get between 18 -24 inches!
Guess I will have time to work on my new guys cage!

Oh where I am in PA it said we are getting less then the other day but it will be a heavy wet snow, not the fluffy snow we just got.

It's coming down here right now, but nothing at all like it was a week ago (5-6"). We were dodged by this weekend's storm, thank heavens. Already have about an inch and it just started about 30 mins ago. It's really coming down out there!

I know it's not near what some of you guys deal with - but 5-6" is a LOT for here. Just supposed to get 3-5" this time, and even THAT will close schools for at least 2 days, maybe 3. Kids here have been out of school for a total of 7 days due to snow already this year. They're going to make up one of 'em on Presidents' Day to try to keep from going to school in June.

It's starting to snow here too, Amanda. I think you are sending all of the snow you're getting now up my way....keep it!!

I am so nervous to drive my new car in the snow so I make my boyfriend my personal driver until the roads are cleared :D I have front wheel drive but I would be pretty bummed if I got so much as a scratch on my new car! Plus, he has 4 wheel drive and doesn't freak out when driving conditions are bad... ;)

we are bracing for another 13" if not more this on top of the 28" we got the other day!! :cry3: When did I move to Buffalo, NY!? Time to check out the housing market in Hawaii!

But Suzi, then you'll have erupting volcanos (long dormant) and Tsunamis. We are too much alike. It's just going to be active.

It's starting to snow here too, Amanda. I think you are sending all of the snow you're getting now up my way....keep it!!

I am so nervous to drive my new car in the snow so I make my boyfriend my personal driver until the roads are cleared :D I have front wheel drive but I would be pretty bummed if I got so much as a scratch on my new car! Plus, he has 4 wheel drive and doesn't freak out when driving conditions are bad... ;)

Oh gosh - I just LOVE my car, but when it comes to snow...that thing does NOT do well on it at all! Fishtailin' all over the place doing even the slowest and slightest little turns. OMG, I truly miss a front wheel drive. It was extremely stressful trying to drive my BMW last weekend on that mess...I went out ONCE and vowed then and there I would not be going out again until the roads were 100% clear.

10-20" here in MD is what they are calling for. I had to drive to my job and back on Sunday and it was not pretty! The main roads weren't even cleared and I definitely slid a couple times. Talk about nerve racking.
And to top it all off when I was shoveling my car outta the snow before I went to work on Sunday I must have scratched it with the shovel because now I have two lovely long scratches on my rear bumper.

Snow, sleet and freezing rain here today. :cry3: Todays good news......the kids went back to school. Sighs........guess I had better get some supplies before it starts.

9-13 inches expected here. It's been snowing since about 5am and has not let up. Glad to be not working until Friday!

We seem to be lucky this year in the Pacific Northwest. I think we only have had one day of snow that melted quickly. It has felt like spring here since January, temps in the mid 50's to near 60. I'm sure I'll be complaining about the mosquitos this summer, but right now I am sure enjoying the nice weather. I even got some yardwork done a couple of days ago with a tank top on...a little early sun on my skin.

I am so sorry for all of you that have to put up with all the snow this winter. Hopefully it goes away soon!!!

My sister works for the Federal Government in WDC and it has been closed down for the last two days and just announced it is closed tomorrow as well...these storms are costing so much money...

We've about 14 inches on the ground right now, and it's not supposed to stop until 9 AM!
Ahhh - Chicago winters!!

Here's what happens when it snows 2-3" then thaws, then re-ices and snow starts to come down again (around another 1-2") around "rush" hour in KY...

They've literally closed the On Ramps to I-65 here and many many many county roads (too hilly and curvy with too many vehicles off the road). My brother is "stuck" at his house about 8 miles out in the county because of the road closures. Course I laugh at that. hehe

Attachments

• 64373376.jpg
    64373376.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 67
Breaking news from Virginia...............it's snowing again. About another two inches fell and the wind at times is crazy! School was finally cancelled. :cry3: I did go out and buy 25 pounds of bird food yesterday and suet. The birds are in heaven right now. Woodpeckers and blue birds are taken care of. And the deer have enjoyed some chin food I put out. ( I saw their tracks ) The wildlife knows who puts out the winter buffet. ;) Southern wildlife panics too. Hee Hee .........Hard to believe just two hours north DC is getting pounded again!

We keep getting snow here in the middle of VA. Thats like... awkward.

:cry3: I HATE snow! It looks like the movie "The End of Days" outside my condo right now! I am 20mins outside of Washington DC and we are getting pounded... again :cry3:

You know what annoys me, all these people ran around buying up snow shovels and now they are smelling them on craigslist for double what they paid, that is just wrong.

Stores are out of everything snow related. Yesturday I was at Home Depot and I over heard this lady asking a sales person for some snow salt, the sales person just laughed at her! My boyfriend who works for Target got yelled at yesturday because the store is sold out of kids gloves. And I had to go to 3 different stores to find windshield wiper fluid!? This is just crazy!

Latest posts

Back