Meet Ozzy, a saved Chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockWrapsody

As most of you know the first chin I bought from the lady here in Wickenburg, AZ died within 12 hours. She was way to young to have been taken from her mama and also had a really bad cold. I returned to the lady (she also has a small pet shop) with a credit for the vet bill and recieved Izzy. I was also to have recieved a baby from the next litter (she breeds at her house) she had. Two girl babies were born about 10 weeks ago. She wanted me to take the baby at 6 weeks but with close consultation with one of the members here, I begged her to keep my little girl in with mom at least till 8 or 10 weeks old. She removed them anyway and kept them in their pet shop. The both died a couple of days ago. Sooooooooooo, I again consulted a member here as to what happened.
There was one other chinchilla in the cage (at the pet shop) with Izzy but he was around 2 to 3 years old. Well, to make a long story short, I can not bear to deal with these people any more so I went back to the pet store and used the rest of my credit on the older chin. I got him out of that nasty shop. He was not fed hay or given regular dust baths. I am not sure what color he is and not positive on his age.

Anywho..............here he is.................in his new home..........................welcome...............

OZZY !!

P1100809.jpg

P1100808.jpg

P1100807.jpg

P1100806.jpg

P1100805.jpg

Susan, he did not go for the hay. I don't think he knows what it is yet. He sniffed it and picked up a piece but just held it. Hopefully he will catch on quickly.
I bit the bullet and against some sound advice, I put him in with Izzy. He just looked so sad and lonely I couldn't keep him in the itty bitty wire chage. Ozzy and Izzy bounced all over the big cage. They were as happy as long lost friends reunited! They have bounced and chased themselves to sleep. I think I made the right decision and Izzy will show Ozzy what chin life is really about..............BEING SPOILED ROTTEN!
They are not related but play like brothers. I just love it!

Good to see he is doing very well! ...for such an underfed chin he seems very large (or maybe thats just the cage?) What a nice baby boy you have now~ (all chins are babies...forever and ever haha :p)

Though I hope something is done at that petstore I cant believe she would do that to those poor babies! You would think she would learn after having like two litters die?? :( poor babies

I bit the bullet and against some sound advice, I put him in with Izzy. He just looked so sad and lonely I couldn't keep him in the itty bitty wire chage. Ozzy and Izzy bounced all over the big cage. They were as happy as long lost friends reunited! They have bounced and chased themselves to sleep. I think I made the right decision and Izzy will show Ozzy what chin life is really about..............BEING SPOILED ROTTEN!
They are not related but play like brothers. I just love it!

Its not just about their happiness or whether they'll get along. The reason for quarantine is to prevent illness from spreading. You took a chin from a place where he was not properly cared for, so who knows if he has been fighting any illnesses. Now all of those illnesses will be transferred to your healthy chin. Not smart. :banghead:

I don't know if the itty bitty wire cage was just a travel carrier, but if you didn't have an appropriate second cage, I don't know why you would get a second chin.

All that being said, he's very cute and I wish good health for both of your chins.

i think that lady needs to stop breeding.. anyways, this guy is handsome.. he looks big, how much does he weigh

Question... Are you sure Ozzy's a male? If they didn't know how to properly care for a chin, they may not have known how to sex one either.

He's adorable! And thank you for posting this! My new fuzzbutt Sensi looks JUST like him but with a white tummy and I was dying to figure out what type of chinnie she was!

I'm glad you rescued him and gave him a good home! We got Sensi on clearance because nobody in Bermuda wanted her :(

Congratulations! I'm glad Izzy and Ozzy get along so well. It really is a shame about the babies. I hope the owner stops with chin breeding altogether to avoid anymore senseless births and deaths.

Ozzy gives good stink eye in that first pic. :D
Congrats on the new addition, he's going to be spoiled for sure.

Could you maybe report that pet store to the SPCA for not looking after their animals properly? Over here in NZ the SPCA do investigate neglectful stores...does that happen in your part of the world too?

Anyways, I'm glad you got the little guy out of there. Hope Ozzy and Izzy continue to get along, and that Izzy teaches his new bud what the hay is for!

Back