Meet my new little guy

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceylwolf

Introducing
Windview Crown Royal
"Roy"

100_0309.jpg

In the truck on the way home :)
0724101132.jpg

At home with his new baby goat friends
DSC00141.jpg

I first got to meet Roy when he was just 6 days old, he was a whopping 19 inches tall! I knew from the moment I saw him that he had to be mine, lol. We visited him at the breeders place several times and he was finally old enough to come home in July. He now stands at about 24 inches, he should stay pretty small, his momma is around 30" and his daddy is just under 31". I just love him! He's so much fun to have around. Him and Cosmo (my mini horse) love to fight like brothers. They pester and pick on eachother all day, but they have fun while doing it. I posted pics of Cosmo when I first got him but I'll have to share new ones of him too, he's growing up to be such a pretty boy.

And the goats are Ralphie and Pennie, I'll start a new thread for them later when I'm at home where their picture are.

Alli - he is not nippy at all, my mini horse is the nippy one! He's a sweetheart. If you sit down he will come over to you and almost climb up on your lap. He follows me all over the pasture. And every morning as soon as they hear the door open. Cosmo nickers and Roy brays.

Stacey, I have to move in with you!!! I have to be with Roy and the goats! I love anything that is mini, and Roy far surpasses adorable!

Well, that makes him even cuter then!! I just asked because I've only ever been around ponies and they always have an attitude. Napoleon complex or something lol!

Come on over Jenn, I've got a spare bedroom. And please bring Tink, Patch would love to meet her :)

Your right Alli, alot of ponies DO have attitudes. Mine does, lol. But donkey's have such a different personality. He has really bonded with our goats. He will share his hay pile all day long with those two but Cosmo better watch out if he even tries to get near Roy's hay.

OHHH BOY He is precious! My sicilian donkey is a great pet too.Word of advice though,if you aren't planning to breed him or your mini horse,get them gelded now!They will get bossy as they mature.My mini donkey will chase my big old geriatric quarter horse biting his legs and butt in atempts to mount him to the point that we have to separate them at times.Also watch him with your goats,even though he is great with them now, donkeys have been known to quickly turn on goat pasture mates??My mini donkey would have been gelded ,but he was my Dad's until he passed away and he wouldn't get him gelded because love his soul he had an old timer's belief that the donkey wouldn't bray much if castrated!By the time I became his owner, our vet said he could be castrated,but it would only stop his ability to reproduce-not stop the stud behavior(mounting,biting,chasing,etc.).Since I have no females anywhere on property,it wasn't worth the risk.He's an absolute love bug with people though and he has been kept in line with how to behave around humans from day one!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice! My mini horse is already gelded. He's a yearling and was gelded in the spring as soon as his 2nd "jewel" dropped, lol. Roy is only 5 months old so he's not gelded yet. I bought him on a gelding contract so he'll be getting done too, gotta wait for the precious "jewels" to appear :)

Latest posts

Back