Meet Khloe Dash :P

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CookieMonster

Now don't bite my head off but i got her at Petsmart.... :unsure:....I went there for Rosco He needed a bath and well some treats of course lol.... & as per usual i take my son to see the small animals first because he LOVES to see them run around... he has Autism so anytime we go to a petsmart or petco its like a ritual... as we are looking at the hamster and mice then guinea pigs all of a sudden there she was all alone in the display and totally cute....she came out of her hidey house and said hi to me...i completely fell in love with her in 0.2 seconds and after all the breeder drama Which i will refrain from making into a novel lol i took a chance on this baby. She looked super alert and healthy. She is almost 3 months old and I have named her Khloe Dash...she already LOVES scratchies & doesn't mind running upto my hand for some. She also LOVES the ledges lol she runs up and around super happy and even pop corned like a guinea pig lol idk if its the same thing but it definitely looked like happy bounces i am sooo in love with her she is the sweetest. Here are some pics i took of her today. I got her a Big Bag of Mazuri Pellets and a bag of Alfafa Hay at the feed store which she LOVES especially the leafy parts.. I also found the blue cloud dust at Petsmart it was like almost 10 bucks for 3 pounds i think. I so Excited and cant wait to let her out for playtime in a few days when she is used to me handling her a bit.

Attachments

• DSC01226.jpg
    DSC01226.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01223.jpg
    DSC01223.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC01241.jpg
    DSC01241.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01229.jpg
    DSC01229.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC01228.jpg
    DSC01228.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 63
Awwwww, she's cute, is she in quarantine? This way Rosco won't get sick if she is. Cute girl!

By the way, if you get blue cloud from a breeder it is much less expensive, I got my 50 pound bag for like $20. I know that would be a lot for you, but much much cheaper.

Thank You :)

Yes she is Rosco is not allowed anywhere near her... which he cries about since he can hear her running around... I am planning on buying the dust in bulk soon... i just wanted to make sure i had it on hand for now... I was also surprised to see it at petsmart since i thought it had to be special ordered or something lol... i definitely want to get a 50 pound bag though i am sure that would last her a loooong time ... I actually gave her a bath yesterday and she was cuddling with the dust on each side before rolling in it lol

Are they in the same room? I love watching them get so excited over their dust baths, even though it's something that happens all the time!

She looks older than three months to me? I feel bad for the chins at my local PetSmart...I personally feel they should not be allowed to sell live animals. Hopefully she is happy and healthy...and won't be caged with the male? Also, you might want to give some timothy hay since pellets are alfalfa based. Congrats on the new addition :)

Actually she looks young to me but I'm not an expert. She's also really cute but because she's from a pet store I would definitely worry more about illness and quarantine. I'm also glad this little girl has a good home because all chinchillas need them no matter where they come from.

Congrats on the new addition. All chinchillas need good homes no matter where they come from

Thanks the more i look at her i fall in love lol & Rosco is actually our Dog who is neutered :p So i am sure no unwanted pregnancy there hehe She is the Only Chin in the house and will be for a long while lol :) The lady that sold her to me said she was almost 3 months old and very playful. which from what i see she has been socialized some since she is not scared to come up to my hand... she just doesn't want to be held yet which is fine with me lol She is eating and drinking water just fine and is more active then i thought she would be for the first 2 days. In all the excitement i forgot about the hay and food difference i will definitely get her some timothy hay next time i go.

Both our chins are from pet stores. One from Petsmart and one from Jacks. Had I known I could have gotten one from a breeder I may have done that.

Nothing wrong with pet store chins. I'm more disappointed in the lack of knowledge they have about caring for and chins in general.

She's a cutie, I hope everything goes well with her.

PS (I'd love to find a breeder locally who could sellme some of the dust in bulk, I'm due for a new container real soon.)

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting your chin at a pet store. Yes, some may say there are reasons not to, but hey, in the end you're helping an animal plain and simple. I got my chin off of craigslist so she was likely a pet store chin to begin with, who knows.

Hahaha, you had everyone thinking Rosco is a male chin!

She's pretty cute, I really like that second picture of her peeking out of her house!!

I am pretty sure PetSmart only sells female chins? They have one now at the PetSmart near me and she looks to be at least six months old. They have a wire wheel that is WAY too small in her habitat...it actually scratches her sides when she runs on it. I talked to the manager and he said he hasn't had any problems with the wheels...and then recommended I get one for my chins...ughhhhh.

Anyway, it's good that she has a good home now :)

broderp-- You're in the chinchilla hot zone, man! ForCHINate Chins Rescue is just south of Cleveland, there are breeders all over the place, I forget whether Mansfield is in Ashland or Richland county but there's a major show there in the fall (half way between Cleveland and Columbus right off of Rt 71), at least one big ranch outside of Columbus, and another big ranch near Cinncinnatti. You might have to drive an hour or two on a Saturday, but you're within a day's driving distance of a breeder pretty much anywhere in the state. It's about the only thing I miss from living in the Buckeye State.

I think she's beautiful. :)) Congratulations! I know you just got her and are still doing up her cage but what worries me a little is the height of the cage without something to break a fall. I see you do have shelves on the lower part of the cage, but chins have been known to climb up the bars. Do you have any hammocks you can put up there just in case.

Thank you Thank You :D She had one those white and purple plastic ones in her habitat with 2 hidey houses that took up way too much room if you ask me considering... so i am pretty sure when she saw the ledges i made her she was in heaven lol... I Have already ordered her 2 Hammocks and a Tube from Camphor Chins which should get here by the end of the week :)... i left the ledges low for now so she is using less then half of the cage height wise ... the corner ledge she seems to love is the highest one in there but its a safe distance if she falls. Which she has twice gracefully i might add...I positioned them so it goes up around the cage like a circular stair so she loves running and surfing on the walls of the cage then landing on the ledge lol She also will sleep if i have the lights on at night but 5 minutes after i turn them off watch out its surfing time :p

Adorable chin and nice-looking cage! Congrats! I got my boy from Petsmart because I didn't know I could get them from nearby breeders. But I love my Sebastian very much, just like I'm sure you love your Khloe. All chins need loving homes.

Back