MCBA 2011 National Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to be my first show! Anyone willing to hang out/ explain things to me?

Feel free to find me and ask too! I believe I'm coming by myself this year (no boyfriend to tell me no more chins ;) so I'll need someone to hang out with. This will be my 4th year going so I know pretty much what's going on. :D

We have the menu for Nationals all set:

Lunch will be Boxed Lunches with a choice of chicken salad croissant, turkey croissant, Italian hoagie or a colossal club wrap with potato salad and a cookie. Bottled water, coffee or pop/soda are included.

The Banquet will be a buffet with Pulled Pork, Beef Brisket and Costa's Famous Chicken with Key West Blend veggies, Caesar salad, roasted red potatoes, assorted rolls, double chocolate cake, strawberry shortcake and carrot cake. Water, coffee or pop/soda are included.

Please make reservations, by March 16th to Pam at [email protected].

Any questions, please let me know.

Holy cow! I just mapquested the directions from MN and it's 10 hours! Eek! And I thought the 6 hours from WI was bad!

Hmmm... I may need to make a really long weekend out of it and stop in WI to visit my family and then go on to the show..

Please make reservations, by March 16th to Pam at [email protected].

Any questions, please let me know.

Do we need to make reservations for both lunch and the banquet?

Holy cow! I just mapquested the directions from MN and it's 10 hours! Eek! And I thought the 6 hours from WI was bad!

Hmmm... I may need to make a really long weekend out of it and stop in WI to visit my family and then go on to the show..

As long as you're feeling up to it you should do it!

Do we need to make reservations for both lunch and the banquet?

As long as you're feeling up to it you should do it!

I believe in the past I have made reservations for lunch, I never went to the banquet. But I think last year a bunch of people also went out to eat at a fast food place, so it's up to you! If I go I'll probably eat elsewhere.

I probably will go, I think I may need more dust, and it'd be nice to get out. But that just means I'd be coming by myself because I'm not going to make my husband take off for a chinchilla show

i would love to go but 11 hours is kinda rough. i see there is one in Dover, PA which is only 3 hours from me. Is that a well attended event.

i have no interest in breeding or showing, i just love chinchillas want to see how it all works and maybe meet a few members.

That sounds right for the address.

The York show is a field day. It is very well attended!

Ok, so this may not be the right thread to ask.......but what is the difference between this show, which is nationals and the field day show in York (which is assume is Dover).

This can be moved and reworded if it is more appropriate in another thread. thanks!

I believe in the past I have made reservations for lunch, I never went to the banquet. But I think last year a bunch of people also went out to eat at a fast food place, so it's up to you! If I go I'll probably eat elsewhere.

I probably will go, I think I may need more dust, and it'd be nice to get out. But that just means I'd be coming by myself because I'm not going to make my husband take off for a chinchilla show

It's ok, Phil isn't coming with me this year either (I am hoping to find a new chinnie to bring home and don't need him telling me no everytime I even glance at one ;) ) I still think I am only doing a one day trip...I don't really want to request off work for a whole weekend because I am already requesting off a lot during March.

Nationals is the best of the best. It's a very serious competition (although we have a lot of fun!) and the judges are tough.

Field days are more relaxed. Oftentimes someone from the crowd is welcomed behind the table with the judge to ask questions and to learn. The judges are a bit easier as well.

It's ok, Phil isn't coming with me this year either (I am hoping to find a new chinnie to bring home and don't need him telling me no everytime I even glance at one ;) ) I still think I am only doing a one day trip...I don't really want to request off work for a whole weekend because I am already requesting off a lot during March.

Stacie are you spending the night at a hotel after the show or are you driving straight home? I am thinking of driving there on the day of the show. It's only a little over 3 hours from my house, but don't know if I want to drive back home that night.

Stacie are you spending the night at a hotel after the show or are you driving straight home? I am thinking of driving there on the day of the show. It's only a little over 3 hours from my house, but don't know if I want to drive back home that night.

I'm not sure, right now I'm thinking I'm just going to leave the show a bit early and drive home. If I somehow get the day after off without requesting, I'll stay.

I'm not sure, right now I'm thinking I'm just going to leave the show a bit early and drive home. If I somehow get the day after off without requesting, I'll stay.

I just reserved a room at LaQuinta with 2 beds for $75.60 + tax. I can cancel that same day of the show and not get charged. So if you decide to stay, we can split the cost??? No, pressure though, k?! ;)

I just reserved a room at LaQuinta with 2 beds for $75.60 + tax. I can cancel that same day of the show and not get charged. So if you decide to stay, we can split the cost??? No, pressure though, k?! ;)

That sounds good. I will plan on staying then! If anything, I will work an evening shift and can always leave early in the morning. It should only be about a 2.5 hour drive for me. :))

That sounds good. I will plan on staying then! If anything, I will work an evening shift and can always leave early in the morning. It should only be about a 2.5 hour drive for me. :))

Yay! I've been REALLY REALLY wanting to go to Nationals and this is the year that I can make it, so I'm excited!!

Well, I just talked it over, and looks like I am planning on going.

I'll be showing up probably around lunch time on Saturday or a bit earlier as I'm just going to leave WI Sat. morning, I don't want to stay in a hotel two nights. Then I'll stay over Saturday night.

So, if anyone is going to want me to bring them supplies to the show so they don't have to pay shipping, let me know!

Back