Martin's Cages -- No Connectors?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_lvr

I just got my Martin's cage, and I'm surprised by the fact it didn't come with any fastening hooks! Now, I'm kinda stuck, I want to put it together, but can't run out to the hardware store. Would thick gauge wire work, they wouldn't chew through it right? I also thought about zip ties, but it seems they could chew through that.

Any thoughts would be greatly apperciated! I don't think I'm buying another one from him....errrrrr

Do you still have the box and all the packaging? Lots of people think they are missing the c-rings and pliers that come with a Martin's cage, but they are really there. Just hidden in the packing material.

Yes, we've gone through all the shredded paper (which we saved for next year's fire starter) put in seperate bag and an empty box. It makes me feel better that it is supposed to be there and is maybe an oversight. I'll call on Monday. Just very frustrated.

You can use wire - I use hotwire (electric fencing wire) on mine in a pinch. Not had one attempt to chew on it yet. In a cage that size there are too many other cool things to play with.

I have a cage that I used the zip ties to hold it together and not one of my furballs has chewed them. You have to make sure they are tight and cut off the excess as close as possible. I made sure the connection part is on the outside to make sure they didn't get he urge to chew.

"Do you have a Tractor Supply near? They should have j-clips and the j-clip pliers for sale in the small animal section. You should be able to put them together with those. "

I took your advice and got a J plier and J hooks from the tractor store. Haven't had a chance to call Martins yet, but they worked fine. All is well. Thank you everyone for your help.

BTW, the zip ties I bet would have been much easier!!! I'm a little technically challenged. Thanks!

Back