Marble? Tiles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
So my air is not working properly, we think it needs a freon(sp?) charge and have someone coming today.....Since my two boys are in the living room and it got a little warmer than I am comfortable with, I was puting their chinchillers in the freezer every hour before bed. I had read many times that it is best to have two to keep one cold at all times. I didnt want to spend the 10 dollars on 2 more chinchillers if there was a less expensive alternative. Was wondering what marble and/or tiles are acceptable. Can i just go to home depot & get a tile. Is there anything unsafe? Thanks.

I use pieces of marble, you might could call around to kitchen remodeling people and see if they have any scraps?

I picked up a couple from Lowes last year for about $1.50 each. Have them cut them in half. Keep one half in the frig and the other put in the cage, then switch them out when needed. Just make sure its a marble tile. I have never had any issues with it

yeah, they are cheaper at Home Depot or Lowe's. But I tried marble once and I think it is more porous so if your chins arent potty trained it will stain and stink pretty quick. I like tiles becuse they don't stink as much, but they don't stay cold as lnog as granite.

I have a countertop/tile company near my house that is constantly throwing out decent sized scraps of marble and other non-porous stone that they had to cut out for sinks and edges and whatnot. They just let me rummage through it before they have it all taken to the dump. It would probably be more cost effective if you found a place like this since it's free ;)

I use pieces of marble, you might could call around to kitchen remodeling people and see if they have any scraps?

That's exactly what I do. I have a granite supply company right around the corner from my house. I go there so much for scrap that they now know me by name and I don't even have to ask to go in the back anymore. I have found perfect square or rectangle pieces every time I have gone.

Latest posts

Back