Manna Pro???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

I've been giving my girls Oxbow but its not cost friendly. I've read about Manna Pro?? I just wanna see what I need to look for.

I have used the manna pro sho pellets before and the chins seemed to like it. Im currently useing purina rabbit show pellets since they are easier to find in my area.

I also use Purina Show since it is available in my area. I have used Manna Pro but I had a hard time getting it. I know the people in No Calif use Manna Pro, plus there is a mill up there.

Dreamlite, try a different TSC. The manager at the TSC closest to me can be a jerk, but there are 2 other locations that are 25 minutes away and they are very helpful and courteous. Even the guy that is a jerk will order 6 bags at a time for me though.

I think I lucked out with my TSC cause one of the employees there is into rabbits big time and she uses it so I think that might be why mine has it consistently...

I feed Manna Pro Pro Rabbit Feed.
However, the bag says that there is NO CORN in the feed. This has been proven to be a lie. You have to watch, because several times I have found pellets with pieces of corn in them, and have found pieces of corn in the bag itself.
The only reason I haven't switched is because the breeder I got my chinnies from, Angela (Vyxxin), has been feeding this, and the chins are doing amazing on it.
I just make sure that I monitor their food/water intake and poop output. They have no problems (knock on wood!). If I see a piece of corn in a pellet (no matter how tiny) I throw the bowl away, whether it's full or not, and get a fresh scoop.

The mills they use don't just process one type of feed, they process all kinds, sometimes the hoppers don't get cleaned fully, but that doesn't mean they purposely use corn in the mix.

You can also use Nutrena Nature Wise, it comes in 25# bags which would be more ideal for you with 2 chins. Watch you mill dates because feed losses it's nutritional value. You should not use a feed that was milled more the 6 months ago if you want to provide ideal nutrition. 50#'s with 2 chins will last you much longer than that! :D Or find a friend or rescue to share with!

Latest posts

Back