Making dolls/craft projects

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli713

..has a fleece addiction
Just thought I'd share what I do when I'm not working on chinchilla stuff. This is my new love, I'd do more of them if I had more time. These dolls take me about 2.5 days to make, they are technically called Waldorf-inspired dolls as they are made with all natural materials, nothing synthetic. The skin is cotton, inside they are stuffed with wool and the hair is either wool yarn or other animal, for instance the one I made my daughter is Tibetan lamb skin. I'm working on getting them perfect enough to sell. The people who are sought after can sell dolls up to $300 each!

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

And this is the one I made to be like my daughter with blonde hair and blue eyes. She loves her, but I haven't given her to play with yet, too scared she'll mess her up right now, and I made her a monkey instead to play with.
IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

This is the monkey I made her. He has poseable arms, legs and head and is weighted with poly pellets. She LOVES monkeys right now.
IMG_9991.jpg

On one forum I'm on they have a craft forum, I love looking at what other people come up with, feel free to share if you made something too!

Wow, those are really nice! I really like the first one's hair with all of the different colors.

I knit. Here are some blog posts about knitting. And for those of you who would just rather have pictures, here are some non-clothing knit items I have made.

penguin.jpg

owl.jpg

giraffe.jpg

And sharing these hats cause they're just too cute!
boys.jpg

they are all so cool! i love the first doll with the mulicolor hair.
and that owl is too cute!
i love doing crafty stuff but nothing that intricate!!

I really like the dolls but I LOVE that monkey! Allison, I knew you had that creative knack (other than the chinnie stuff)
when I special ordered Buddy's harness and coat from you back in 10/2009. To this day he wears the harness and we've
washed it quite a few times and it has held up reall well!

Recent pics of Buddy with the coat and harness you made...

bc54db3302e2b718d3fcda0d7152e3e8_zps83bfb40b.jpg

60cd6d65a2e7c2b72ede67efc734a64a_zps3f1584df.jpg

29c8e246040ff73d39feeabbdf951891_zps019ed7d7.jpg

Pic of Buddy and his harness when it was brand new...

DSC01024.jpg

Ahhh! I love the penguin, and the giraffe is cool too!

Thanks for the pics Sandi! I love seeing Buddy! I'd love to get a pug someday again... Gah! I remember the coat, it was one of the first times I used a pattern (most of the time I make stuff up) and my mom had to help me, but we sewed the arms together, ahh the memories!

How cute!! Alli, do you still make dog clothes? My dog is so weirdly shaped that I can never find anything to fit her right. She hates to go out in the cold so I have been looking for a custom doggy sweat shirt for her.

How cute!! Alli, do you still make dog clothes? My dog is so weirdly shaped that I can never find anything to fit her right. She hates to go out in the cold so I have been looking for a custom doggy sweat shirt for her.

I haven't made any recently but I always can :))

Latest posts

Back