Mac people- Snow Leopard

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
Did anyone else get Snow Leopard today? I just installed it. The only thing I have noticed so far is that my computer is a lot faster and zippier..which I was happy with it's speed to begin with, now it moves at the speed of light!

Will there be any compatibility problems with previous games I've played? Like The Sims 3?

Anything you guys have noticed? I may be the first one to get it..it was released today and I'm always first in line to get new things for my computer. haha

I looked at all of the 'perks' associated with it and didn't find any of them to really apply to how I use my mac - except of course the 'zippyness'. I figured I would wait and hear some more reviews from users before I got it. I didn't think about compatibility issues either. I play Sims 3 and would hate for it to not work the same.

I ordered the family pack from Amazon, since I'll need to upgrade both my laptop and desktop. It had enough of what I did (plus some neat new features I'd like to use) that it was worth it.

I'm happy with it so far. It really has dramatically increased my computer's performance.

BTW, The Sims 3 is compatible :)

Arrived from Amazon yesterday, I did save $5, but had to wait an extra week.

I haven't noticed much of a speed difference, but my MacBook Pro is new and my Mac Pro is buff.

I did notice right away that you can now set separate pictures on dual screens on the Mac Pro. Cool, been waiting for Windows to do that for years - but it's actually kind of distracting. A feature I'd really love (that windows doesn't have, but someone built - multimon taskbar) is to have a separate dock bar on the second screen. Very useful for applications freaks like myself.

I noticed in the package it now supports a large amount of braille readers, pretty cool you can get a laptop that automagically supports that with a USB braille pad. Little things like that make me like the company.

Safari 4 has been giving me fits since it first came out, it's been unusually non-snappy since the update.

Anyone found anything neat to share? I'll probably update when I've had a chance to play with it a bit more.

There wasn't a lot of changes to Snow Leopard. You have a new quicktime program, more speed, a few changes to stacks, etc. According to my Mac loving fiancee, the big change is for developers, after Mac brought out the intel processors they had operating systems to support Powerbooks and the new MacBooks (with Intel). It's my understanding Snow Leopard doesn't support the Powerbooks. So that is better for developers, doesn't really mean much to consumers. But hey it's only $39 bucks not a really huge expenditure.

Latest posts

Back