Lu update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticklechin

So he decided this week to start sampling food again, some oats and equine senior were missing from the bowl, he has been on baytril since the 1st. But it gets neat now, I noticed today his front top incisor is gone, I have not checked for a bit since his lips cover them up when eating. I canceled his tooth removal and he is going to the regular vet tomorrow for a full dental x-ray set and a consult. I don't want to put him through a removal of the lower incisor since A: he started eating, B: the upper incisor may have been broken under the gum and just grew out and that was causing the problem and the vet dentist (who I am ticked off with right now about other issues) did not say for sure there was a abscess C: the upper incisor if it was a recent tramatic crack could also abscess and I don't want him to have to be put under twice for tooth removals and D: I want to give him a break from pain in case the tooth acts up again. So I am going to ask for a sulfa antibiotic to replace the baytril and go back into holding pattern for now.

Hi Dawn,

my thoughts and prayers are to you and Lu. I have been following all of your threads but just never knew what to post. Hoping Lu will con't to do well for both you and himself :high5:

No one knows chin teeth like you dawn so I know this is the right decision you're making. I'm glad Lu is eating even if it's just a little. Keeping you and your crew in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm glad he is starting to eat. I hope he continues to improve, Dawn!

My vet prescribes the huge bottle of the sulfa at the regular pharmacy. as you know they can be on it for longer periods. hopefully you can keep it on hand in the event this happens again. i hope Lu continues to eat and maybe this round of antibiotics and any minor adjustments made while under anethesia will hold for a while.

We are keeping Lu in our thoughts her. I'm thrilled to hear he is starting to nibble again.

Lu is lucky to have you in his corner fighting for him!!! Here's to his continued improvement.

Thinking of and praying for you both... :flowers6:

So little dude is doing good, Dr. Nakamura and I are on the same page that we need to wait and see and not rush to any removals. He is going on TMS now after the baytril is done and will stay on it for 30 days and then we will chat again, he may stay on it longer since the vet said it can take 90 days or more to get rid of jaw abscesses.

OMG, for the FIRST TIME since NOVEMBER he was eating at his food bowl this morning!!!!!!!!!, I have not seen him at the bowl at all ever since then!!!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

OMG, for the FIRST TIME since NOVEMBER he was eating at his food bowl this morning!!!!!!!!!, I have not seen him at the bowl at all ever since then!!!!!!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That is so great Dawn! Music to my ears! Go Lu!

Latest posts

Back