Looking for wood to color and decorate

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Worldofnight

Pumpkin and Leon's Mom
Hi all ,I'm going crazy looking for the wood my chinchilla can have ,I have the list of chin friendly woods and I took it to home depot,lowes,micheals craft store and Joann fabrics all of which told me that they carry none of those woods or they didn't know what type of woods they carried ( in the craft stores case) I'm going out of my mind because I'd love to safely create my own toys and housings for my chin ,any tips on where to find wood pieces that are chin friendly to create toys and houses ?

Lowe's or Home Depot should have the kiln-dried pine you need to make the houses and shelves. No craft store wood is good because it's more than likely been treated or stained with something. The vendors on here sell chew/toy wood if you're able to buy online, check the master list of vendors in the Classifieds. :)

Yup, you can never depend on the people that work at Home Depot or Lowes, they usually know nothing. Just look for pine which all Lowes and Home Depots have and look for a mark that says KD, which stands for Kiln-Dried and you are good to go.

Back