Looking for things to get Rinny for Christmas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never meant remove the middle level pan either. What I had meant was how even a fall from the top of the single unit is enough to possibly cause injury. If you are having shelves/ledges up at the top, like you would need in order to allow the chin to access the top unit, that can be a long fall for a chinchilla too, especially a young one if you don't have anything to catch it, even in one spot. So if you don't have the shelves/ledges/ or hammocks to overlap with I don't feel that it's safe. I have had kits and young chinchillas before so I do know how spastic and hyper they can be at times and they seem to forget where they are in relation to the edge of shelves and stuff and hop/popcorn right off the edge.

I never meant remove the middle level pan either. What I had meant was how even a fall from the top of the single unit is enough to possibly cause injury. If you are having shelves/ledges up at the top, like you would need in order to allow the chin to access the top unit, that can be a long fall for a chinchilla too, especially a young one if you don't have anything to catch it, even in one spot. So if you don't have the shelves/ledges/ or hammocks to overlap with I don't feel that it's safe. I have had kits and young chinchillas before so I do know how spastic and hyper they can be at times and they seem to forget where they are in relation to the edge of shelves and stuff and hop/popcorn right off the edge.

Yep no worries :thumbsup: and like I said this is fine advice. I've just been on here long enough to know sometimes it's best to say everything even if some people might not be thinking about it yet.

I got 8 ft of White pine today and I am going to make stuff for her with my dad. I hope the boards fit in my car since it just fit in my moms car which is bigger then mine. though I can fold down the back seat so it should fit.

I decided I am going to save my money and get a new Laptop before buying the second unit for her cage. I am to worried about her getting hurt from a fall even though to took 2 bad falls already and doesn't seem to be hurt at all. (both times were her jumping off my bed about the same as falling from the top to bottom of the cage)

:topic:
I was with my mom shopping for stuff and she got my Black Ops 2 which I really wanted. HOWEVER she said I can't have it until Christmas...I said why not my birthday and she said I got that already and pointed at Rinny. It is torcher knowing I have it but cant play it. GAHHH :banghead:
:1santa1: has to come sooner

Latest posts

Back