Looking for a wearable hammock

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Poo loved to snuggle when we got him.... now he just runs away when we try to sit with him...:cry3:
Is that something they tend to generally grow out of as a rule, or does it depend on how young you get them, individual personality, and so forth?
D.

In the beginning, they might be more willing to snuggle because they're actually scared and are hiding, not really "snuggling". now that he's more used to you, he's showing you the true side of himself, the i-don't-like-being-held type

It really depends on the chin's personality. One of my chins would love being picked up and pet, the other hates it and will run to hide in a corner and watch you from afar...

Is that something they tend to generally grow out of as a rule, or does it depend on how young you get them, individual personality, and so forth?
D.

I don't think that is a rule by any means. I actually have much better luck getting chins to bond after a slow, steady, approach. That is ones that I have not personally bred of course, but bought after weaning or older. I think teenage chins, like 3-6 months are the most jumpy and hard to control and cuddle with. They just want to play and are SO fast! Most of my adult chins though, by now, will all sit with me and are very friendly, of course there are a few excpetions- 2 to be exact! Everyone is amazed by how easy it is for me to just grab them, it takes a lot of stuggle for most people, but by now I am just so used to how they move, etc. that I can always predict their next move, thus am able to catch them fairly easily.

Congrats on the new addition!!!

Latest posts

Back