Lola (& me!)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macygray

aka. Chinnie Kisses.
Some new pics.....taken this week!

Yes, Lola is still skinny. She isn't sick. Don't worry haha. Shes slowwwwwwwly gaining.

I love Lolas face of satisfaction in the last pic.

A question about frontline flea treatment...isnt it supposed to last 3 months? I treated her about 2-3 wks ago, she did have fleas but I saw one on her just yesterday. I'd say there are a lot of fleas around our area..especially with the 20+ feral cats. Lola always walks past them but that is as close as she got in one of those pics....whats going on with the treatment?

IMG_3534-1.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

She loves cats...in her first home she lived with 6! They dont love her so much however!
IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

I still love that pic of the cat by himself! Frontline is a monthly treatment, not tri-monthly.

And what can we do to put weight on that girl? SHEESH! I want her metabolism!

Even with flea treatment, you will still see fleas. The treatment is absorbed into the skin & blood, so the flea has to bite the dog before the treatment kills it.

One good thing to do for future treatments: Ask the vet for a CAPSTAR,and give it, then the next day, apply the frontline. It kills ALL fleas immediately (capstar) and then the frontline helps with new fleas!

What are you feeding her to put weight onto her? I missed how she was sick. I have a great "recipe" for "satin balls" for dogs, it's made to help thier coats & help them put weight on. I take in a LOT of starvation cases & have learned some tricks to help them gain weight..

Lovely pics! That cat is really beautiful too, part of me wants a new cat...

Frontline is a monthly treatment, not tri-monthly.

Frontline was actually first marketed as a 6 month treatment. The representative that came by our office was always trying to get us to tell people that it lasts 6 months for fleas alone and 3 months for ticks. The problem with frontline is because it's a topical it DOES wash off. They will say it does not but...it does.

Mae...Frontline works by blocking nerves in fleas. You shouldn't see and fleas crawling on her body...they should be dead or well on their way to dead. Fleas don't have to bite in order to die from Frontline (which is one of their big selling points) they just have to come in contact with it. On that note, if Lola receives regular baths and get's washed very thoroughly...the Frontline will come off. It can be reapplied as early as 3 weeks for animals that are prone to large flea infestations.

Another really good option for flea control is Comfortis. It's a pill and works systemically (in the body) so the fleas have to bite. The good thing about it is that the fleas die almost instantly once they've bitten and it continues to work well for a full four months. You can also give as many baths as you want without any worry of the medicine washing off or becoming less effective. It also has a low occurence of side effects...epileptic dogs can be on it but should be watched closely as they've had more reactions, the main side effect is possible vomiting. I use this for my dogs and also changed my parents' dogs onto it because at their house a neighbor doesn't control the fleas on his dogs. There is always a huge infestation in the backyard. One of his dogs also has severe flea allergies and will get a hot spot anytime he is bitten. Since switching to Comfortis he's had less hot spots and hasn't had to have any steroid shots to help with the allergies.

Mae, you are so grown up now, where did my little girl go??!!! Your hair is so long, I love it! Great pictures! All gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back