Little willow or wicker balls

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dora-Marie

Hi,
I got for my chin some small willow balls ( might be wicker, not sure) from a good source.
Now, I was wondering, looking at the size of these tiny balls, if it is possible my chin could choke on it?

When Tchitchi will begin to chew on it, it is going to get even smaller right?
Any of you can tell me if they are safe at all?

All my chins chew little willow balls and I have never had a problem, nor heard of one. I think you are safe!

What size is the ball? The smallest I've seen in person is the 1" size. But I wouldn't imagine that your chin would swallow the ball. Normally they chew on them and it shouldn't be an issue. I think they would be more likely to chew it than to swallow and choke.

About an inch I'd say.
Yes, I know, with their tiny mouth there is no way it could get in but again, I have children and the had put object in places that they weren't supposed to fit too..lol My chin looks a lot like a toddler in many ways!
Thanks for the info:)

I've given my girl the 1" willow balls and 1" bagel bit things and never had a problem. She is so meticulous about chewing them down to nothing. lol

There are 1/2 inch willow balls too, I have some here. They are really cute because they can hold them perfectly to chew. :D

Latest posts

Back