Lilah had babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, it was her, and yes, I am super happy with being able to get her, when Wendy posted her along with the other ebony boy and the pure standard boy that I got from her, and even a grand show champion ebony, along with another standard female, her chins went fast, somebody else got the grand show champion, which I would have loved to get, but at least I was able to get these 3 chins from her, including Lilah, and she came pregnant to me, so was even lucky there!

thanks! :)
yes, I am very happy for them, first time I get ebonies born, and 3 of them! and all females too, so for sure all these 3 sisters will be cage mates, no need to introduce them to chinnie sitter
they are already gaining weight too, so I am glad that the mommy got her milk coming in for them :)

I just weighed them a few days ago, and 2 of them are about 112-120 grams, and the third homo ebony baby weighs about 73 grams, I am hoping that she grows a little bit more, but I am thinking that I might need to sell her since she is not being so big like her sisters, I know that many of you guys have had a baby that is the tiniest one in the litter.

The thing is that, have you guys have had to sell the runts of the litter as soon as you noticed they weren't as big as their siblings, or have you just waited and see if they get a little bigger and then sell? the thing is that I know these babies come from very good lines, and I don't want to regret having to sell this little girl.

Do you know if a baby is the smallest in the litter, that most likely it won't get bigger, or is there any exceptions? it's hard sometimes which babies to keep from a litter to breed because you won't know until they get bigger

Many times runts from large litters will catch up in size to the siblings once they are weaned and have an unlimited supply of solid food.

My suggestion is to be patient, they are still very young. Is she nursing as much as the larger kits would be my concern, given the size difference. If you feel she is holding her own with the others and does not need any "alone time" right now with mom, perhaps consider weaning her a week later than the others. I do agree: once they are weaned some of the smaller kits catch up quickly given their own hay, pellets, etc. Not all of them, but I can tell you her Auntie was the runt of her litter but has incredible color so I held on to her, was patient, and by 10 months she was over 800 grams! Her sisters are still bigger (880 grams) but an extra dark eb over 800 grams with that kind of clarity I'll keep NO PROBLEM!

Give her some time. :)

ok, thanks, that's good to know, I was starting to worry about her, I do see her with her mom drinking milk and stuff, and going to eat some hay with her sisters, so maybe she didn't get a chance to drink so much milk like her sisters.
Yes, myself too I thought in keeping them all 3 since they are so nice and dark, and really love their color, I know that most likely they will be nice chins when they get bigger, since their mom is so nice, but thanks for letting me know!

Yeah, I am actually selling only one of them, I think I put the old picture of the 3 of them when they were babies in one ad, and in another ad I put a picture of only the baby that I would like to sell, I will be keeping the 2 other babies for myself :)

hehe Aww I remember pondering over sending you an email. I love ebonies. An ebony was supposed to be my final chin.. I ended up with a pregnant Hetero beige instead. I'm happy though she is sweet :)

Back