Light colored poo?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

I noticed a few droppings today in several of my cages were lighter than normal. Was wondering what might cause this. They are otherwise normal (size, shape and texture). Thanks everyone.

Steven
Ccchins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, light brown poops can be a sign of constipation, but poops in a constipated chin are typically drier and more of a round shape and you said the poops seem normal other than the color. Have you given them any new type of food or treat that could be causing this change in color?

Hmmm, light brown poops can be a sign of constipation, but poops in a constipated chin are typically drier and more of a round shape and you said the poops seem normal other than the color. Have you given them any new type of food or treat that could be causing this change in color?

I haven't changed anything in their diet. Water, pellets and hay are all they get no treats. It's gone now. Lol I am stumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd clean out the cages and see if this keeps on happening. Sometimes chins will have strange looking droppings out of nowhere, there will just be a few and then it doesn't happen again. It could be a slight change in temperature, something stressed them, someone's in heat or very hormonal. I wouldn't worry about it right now. I see the same thing every now and then with my chins, it's usually when there was a little change of something for them.

Or, you may have just noticed something that has been happening for awhile. At different times of the day the droppings can be different.

That happened to 1 of my chins too, not sure what it was but it also went away on its own. The only thing I could attribute it to was I had given her a different kind of wood chew sticks that were lighter in color.

When critical care is fed as a sole ration, the droppings will be light brown, I would say in that case its due to the ingrediants which are timothy based, no alfalfa, so you may have had one that thought the timothy have was the bomb and was not eating pellets for a time.

Latest posts

Back