Lifeline help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric4144

I have a question. What is life line and what is it used for? Should I always have some on hand? What about critical care? What is it? What is it used for? Should I always have some of it on hand to?
I know people use this stuff for their chins when they are sick or have had surgery or something but that's as much as I know. I bought some critical care once and had it for like a year and never used it and threw it out. I was worried it had gone bad even though I never opened the stuff. What kind of shelf life does this stuff have? I have an older chin (he'll be 9 in May) is it even more important that I have this stuff on hand?
Thanks

IMO you should always have Critical Care on hand. If your chinchilla should stop eating for any reason, you will have it on hand to start hand feeding. The sooner a chin that is not eating gets food in it's system, the better.

Life Line contains a lot of items that help give a chin a "jump start"- lots of probiotics for the digestive system among other things. It's not a necessity but it is definitely something I like to have. If I have to handfeed, I mix it in with the Critical Care to help give the chin a jump start. I also feed it as a suppliment once a week.

Here is the website for Life Line that explains the benefits: http://chocolatechinchillas.com/_wsn/page6.html

Can critical care be given as a regular supplement along with the lifeline? I saw where the lifeline can be given two to three times per week.

I suppose it could be, but never really heard of anyone using it as a suppliment. I would just keep it sealed up and in the freezer until you truly need it.

ChinnieChantel, if I remember correctly, uses critical care on a regular basis by sprinkling it on her chins food. She feels that way they will be accustomed to the taste if she ever really needs to use it. I told her she was richer than I am! But, I can understand her logic. If you want to do that you can, but you certainly don't have to Eric.

I try to give my herd lifeline 2-3 times a week, and have noticed less "squabbling" and seemingly deeper sleep than without it! Maybe a happier tummy means a happier chin, as I don't know any other reason behind it!

I have used Lifeline in the past. Now I use Nature's Best Premium Organic and Natural - Nutrient Health Care.

I have used Lifeline in the past. Now I use Nature's Best Premium Organic and Natural - Nutrient Health Care.
What exactly is this product that you're using, how often, how much and what is its ingredients? Not meaning to give you the third degree, I'm just curious b/c I've been thinking about adding a supplement to the boys' regular diet.

I have also used both. The ingredients are very similar and both are very palatable.

Nature's Best is sold on Ebay. Once you purchase from the seller she will email you a list of prices and items (prices are better than Ebay). I looked to see if the seller had any listings up for it, and right now they don't, though they do have listings up for other chinchilla herbs and such.

Honestly, I like the Nature's Best version a bit better, as do my chinchillas. Also, it doesn't contain honey, which Lifeline does list as having in its ingredients.

Just a matter of choice I suppose. :)

Ok, I lied about the honey. I thought I hadn't read that in the ingredients, but I see now that both do contain a bit.

I personally think LifeLine is awesome. The benefits are un-deniable. I would consider LifeLine and Critical Care both "musts" to have just because of the benefits. JMO.

I have a question. What is life line and what is it used for? Should I always have some on hand? What about critical care? What is it? What is it used for? Should I always have some of it on hand to?
Having CC on hand has saved many an animal in an emergency. Waiting for it to be shipped wastes valuable time when it comes to getting food into your pet.

I know people use this stuff for their chins when they are sick or have had surgery or something but that's as much as I know. I bought some critical care once and had it for like a year and never used it and threw it out. I was worried it had gone bad even though I never opened the stuff. What kind of shelf life does this stuff have?
All packages of CC have a best by date. The only ingredients that lose their potency are the pro-biotics. I routinely use packages that are past their best by date and just add high count, high quality acidophilus to replace the pro-biotics. If you keep your CC in the refrigerator or freezer, it greatly extends the shelf life.

Latest posts

Back