Leo Braun Wheels?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiftyKat

Crazy Cat & Rodent Lady!
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had ever owned both a Leo Braun wheel and a Chin Spin and could tell me if the Leo Braun is really worth the extra money. I had watched a Youtube video of a chin running on a Leo Braun wheel and it seemed pretty quiet. I however was wanting some opinions from people who had maybe owned both.

Thank you so much! :)

I have the original leo braun wheels, they are going on 12 years old and they are still silent and have never had bearings serviced, I love them. I don't know about the "new" leo brauns if they are the same quality. The chin spin sucked, the powder coating pealed off after a few months use.

I've never owned or seen one, but have heard great things. I personally have had flying saucers which I've liked a lot.

Leo Braun wheels (if they are the same as the one I had about 6 years ago) are a good investment. They are easier to clean and a lot sturdier than Chin Spins. But the Chin Spin is still a really good wheel. The Leo was super quiet as well and did not shake a Martin's cage much at all.

I have a Leo Braun wheel (bought for my prairie dog, who doesn't use it, so the chins have it now) and several chin spins. I've only had the Leo Braun for the last year or so, so I can't comment on how it lasts long term, but it seems nice. No problems so far. As for the chin spins -- over the last 10 years, I've had two chin spins need their bearings replaced, and two of them have had their powdercoating peeling -- one so badly that there was practically none left on the inside -- I had it sandblasted and re-powder coated locally. So far no issues with the Leo Braun, though I have noticed that the smooth finish has gotten less smooth in areas, almost like touching fine sandpaper instead of the smooth surface (which I would imagine are from the wheel being peed on) -- over time, I would be interested to see if these areas would be "weaker" due to the finish wearing down.

my chinchilla has a wheel but he doesnt go on it at all i have him about 9 weeks now and he is almost 6 month old ..is he too young to use it or will he never use it any ideas or suggestions pls

Your chin is too young for wheel. He can have it at 6 months of age. Some chins never like them while others love them. They can also stare at the thing for months and then one day jump on and run like a mad man.

I just want to mention to anyone who may be question whether or not to pay the extra money for the new Leo Braun style wheel...it's definitely worth it. I am chin sitting for someone who has this wheel, so I've gotten to look at it closely and watch/listen as a chin runs on it. It is 100% silent, even more silent than a Flying Saucer with a wood brace under it. It's very heavy/heavy duty and it's as wide as a chin spin for even the largest of chins. It looks really nice, and I am a huge fan. I wish I could switch all the wheels here for this wheel, but unfortunately with the price, it just isn't possible for us. That said, if you have the extra money to spend on it, grab it. Out of the 4 wheels I have here (Ed Wheel, Chin Spin, Flying Saucer, Silver Surfer) it's definitely my favorite.

I just got the Leo Braun...we love it. It is completely silent and spins smoothly. Definitely worth the extra money.

Latest posts

Back