leg stuck in cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i understand why people dont belive me but it happend and i want to pervent it from happening again. how did she do this?

Especially if the pink pig is facing the appropriate direction, I think she probably went to jump and, in a freak accident, her leg went through the bars...she got stuck and hung up.

This is how it happens. I lost a male to shock from getting entrapped in cage wire this year. Not preventable. If somebody else see's something I don't, DO chime in...but I really just don't see another possibility?

thats my point we think she tryed to jump and missed but thats how she was. her face was faceing the back of the cage? i panicked and got her out i wasent concerend how she was hanging just wanted to get her out. when i got to the cage her back was facing me and she was in the cage.

I would suggest putting another ledge there. I wonder where was she jumping to? I know My girls try to jump way to far for them! So I tend to put more ledges in so If they do miss they will not fall or get stuck somewhere.

It looks like she went to jump somewhere, missed and maybe went to wall surf to keep from falling, but missed the bar and her leg went through.

When I saw the pictures, I'm thinking a similar thing to AllieKatt. My best guess is that she was trying to cage surf and hit the wrong spot, I know my guy was cage surfing a lot before I put more ledges in. The only real suggestion I would have if that was the case would be either to put another ledge in there or perhaps some of that chicken wire type stuff (I can't remember the real name) on the inside of the cage around there so that if she tries it again when she is better there won't be a gap there for her leg to slip through. Hopefully when you take her to the vet tomorrow they'll be willing to do something more for her to help! I hope they figure out what is going on so she can have a speedy recovery!

Not sure I'd recommend "meshing" the cage. Maybe keep her in a smaller mesh cage from now on? And put more shelves in that cage.

And yeah, hopefully the vet will do something for her tomorrow. She may need to be amputated in which case she may need a lower cage permanently anyhow. We shall see.

Latest posts

Back