Lava ledge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncer36

Is a lava ledge safe for chinchilla?
7asuge4a.jpg
it the blue thing on the back of the cage If not I will take it out and put the ramp back in

Nope, lava ledges are relatively good for chins. They help with their teeth and provide fun, safe colors to the cage. I have two in my girl's cage right now and they're her favorite thing to chew on.
Though if your chin is a heavy chewer it'll be gone quickly.

My chins love their lava ledges.
I'd much prefer having platforms and ledges for them to jump around on instead of ramps.

My chin loves his Lava ledge :) just make sure its attached substantially - my chin ended up twisting his a little and I have to tighten the bolts on it from time to time.

I got one a couple months ago and my boy chewed it completely off yesterday. He loves it! I'm definitely going to get a few more.

I got one yesterday and by this afternoon dexter had already chewed halfway through it. I am not sure if it is related but today I noticed a few poops that were greenish and was wondering if this happened to anyone else?
3ebehasu.jpg

They're getting harder to find, but my chins have always loved them. Just watch when they chew down to the rod it can get a little dangerous, usually when it gets to that point I break it into blocks for them to gnaw on.

Back