Kind of a funny story

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyv3737

<---House beaver.
This morning when I was leaving for work, I noticed my car door was open. Not much, but enough for me to think something was off. I originally thought I left it open.

I've had this odd feeling that something was off with my car. So I went to check it out and see if anything was missing. Upon review I've decided that my car was broken into. The only thing missing was a brown paper bag that had a box in it. The box contained 10 pounds of blue cloud dust for the girls. I really hope the dummy that stole it has a good use for it. I would have loved to seen the look on his/her face when they opened the box.

Wow! I'd have loved to see their faces. :rofl:

My friend's car was recently broken into - they only stole their trash can. Guess they thought it looked like a purse....

I don't bother locking mine. If they want my 50#'s of chinchilla feed or hay cubes they are welcome to them!

Somebody broke into a friends car a couple months ago. They took some army gear (kevlar helmet, knee and elbow pads, terrain model kit, etc). The weird thing was, they took the GPS and several other electronic items out of the glovebox but just left them on the seat. Weird.

That crime carries the Death Penalty in Chinchilla Court. Ok, I tried snorting some, gimme a minute to see what happens.........I sneezed 20 times! J/K

Sorry about your car, but I love thinking about how confused those people must be!

We had some kids break into our car last year. They took the dashboard mount for the GPS, but not the GPS. So bizarre.

My poor car has had a rough year. The funny thing about the dust is I didn't even buy it. It was given to me. The dummies left everything of value behind. Had they gone into my trunk they would have found my mothers stand mixer, the clothes I'm taking to goodwill AND the girls new liners. Let's just say my trunk is now empty. :)

Wow! Glad it wasn't too horrible of a break-in... wonder what the thief is thinking now that he's probably figured out that it wasn't an illegal substance?

That's what they get for stealing from my girls. A big box of dirt. :D

I hope that they spend loads of time trying to figure out what that dirt is for...and then they end up being completely confused. Stupid jerky jerks.

Shelly should have put one of those dye packs in it like they do for bank robberies. The great chinnie dust heist...

I'm just so anxious for you, Cinds...I know you are going to be worried about this for so long. It's really a total violation of your privacy. Did you report it to the police at all? I know they won't work to get your $20 box of dust back, but maybe it would be a good idea to report it...just to get a record of these poopy faces breaking into cars in your neighborhood.

Next time, in all seriousness, leave a package full of chinnie poopies for them to steal. :D

I am so sorry your car was broken into, I can only imagine how scary that must be. But I cant help but thinking, that it kinda makes everything just a LITTLE bit better knowing that they stole a box filled with DUST!!!!!!

Sorry that happened. Rather unnerving to have your car broken into and your stuff stolen :(

Aside from getting caught, paying restitution, and never stealing again, the cartoon picture of how events unfold suggests it would be delightful if the perpetrators attempt to use it IV.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that some stranger went through my car. On a funny note...I just came home from dinner and guess what is two parking spots next to mine. A box of dust. The dummies ditched it there. One of our security guards saw me looking at it and asked me what I was doing. I told him the situation (he knew the case, but didn't know my face). He assured me that they are increasing security and patrolling more. Turns out I'm one of 5 break-ins in the last week.
It does make me a little sad. I live in a relatively safe neighborhood and pay a ton of money to live behind a gate. Hopefully they catch the jerk soon.

Last edited:
It looks fine. I'm going to toss it though. I don't want to take any chances with my girls.

It looks fine. I'm going to toss it though. I don't want to take any chances with my girls.

Yeah, better safe than sorry!

How long was it between break-in and the time the dust was found? I can just picture them opening the box, trying to figure out what it is, and then figuring they should return it.

Do you think it's ever so slightly possible that they opened the box, saw the dust, and wondered if it was ashes from a cremation? I've had a few animals cremated in the past and their ashes look similar. Could be why they chose to return the box...

Do you think it's ever so slightly possible that they opened the box, saw the dust, and wondered if it was ashes from a cremation? I've had a few animals cremated in the past and their ashes look similar. Could be why they chose to return the box...
That actually makes a lot of sense. If true, great news that the criminals in your area have morals :confused3:

Latest posts

Back