Kidney Stones

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I stated earlier in this thread, Chipper's stones were both in his urethra. I was told this removal was risky and I took that risk hoping it would mean life for my little buddy rather than the death he already faced. I'm sad to say it didn't. Chipper passed away around 5:30 this afternoon. Sometimes you can do everything right and it still doesn't work. I'm still in denial that it was his time but it doesn't change the fact that he's no longer with me.

Thank you all, again, for your compassion and advice. I couldn't think of going through this without you. Your support means alot to me.

I have one last question. The vet gave me Chipper's two large stones and I didn't think of this until I got home with them. Would it really help anyone else if I got them analyzed? Would any other chinchilla benefit from learning what makes up a different chin's kidney stones? My vet is probably going to think I'm crazy for spending more money on this when it won't benefit the original patient, but I'll do it for research sake if it will help.

I am so sorry to hear about Chipper. I really thought he would pull through for you. May he always be in your heart.

Oh I'm so sorry. Sometimes these guys just don't handle surgery well. You really had no choice though. Not sure if having the stones analyzed will do much. Duffus had two different types. The first time they were calcium oxalate and the second time it was calcium carbonate. So if one chin can produce different stones it may just be the luck of the draw.

I'm so sorry! You are such a good chin mom! You did everything you could and he knew he was loved and cared for, Rip Chipper till you two will meet again

I'm truly sorry for the loss of your baby Chipper. At least you have the knowing that he is no longer in pain. He'll forever be in your heart and watch over you in chinnie heaven.

Latest posts

Back