Kent Rabbit feed?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
I've got a gal interested in chins, rough around the edges but is learning well.

She has rabbits and feeds them Kent 18%, does anyone use or know of someone that uses this for chins? Just want to check on it for her.

They live very close the mill so it would be fresh, I couldn't find an "ingredients list" but the analysis looked alright.

Thanks!

Funny you should post a topic over this.... I just recently switched to Kent feed, i am going to try it. Merrits used to feed it a long time ago and said they didnt have any problems with it, but that was the 16 % and i have a dealer 5 miles from my house (sure beats the 150 miles i was driving for feed) i didnt think there was an 18%, i bought the 17% to try, i am still on my first batch (switched about a week ago)

ok i am going to type this out.... sorry if theres typos--

Crude Protein min 17%
Crude Fat min 3.5%
Crude Fiber min 13%, max 16%
Calcium min .6% max 1.1%
Phosphorus min .8 %
Salt min .3% max .8%
Vit. A min 3600 IU/lb

Ingredients
Dehydrated alfalfa meal, Soybean meal, wheat middlings, soybean hulls, Corn distillers dried grains with solubles, Dicalcium Phosphate, monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vegetable oil, salt, lignin Sulfonate, Yeast culture, yucca schidigera extract, l-lysine, DL-Methionine, Vit. A Acetate, Vit. D3 Supplement, Vit. E Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpryrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vit. K Activity)Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vit B12 Supplement, folic acid, Biotin, Magnesium oxide, Calcium Iodate, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Selenite (source of selenium), Natural Mixed Tocopherols & Citric acid (preservatives) Rosemary extract.

When i switched everyone, they all seemed to take right to it, not many minded the switch at all. Now this feed costs me 10.15 a bag, when i buy a ton at a time, but i can also get the Purina Show for just under 15 a bag. So you can tell why i am trying this one first. They were on Tradition, i just cant get it here, and i have to many animals to be driving to KC ever few weeks to get feed.
I know there are lots of people who feed the Purina Show and do well on it.

Jags-- Why did you guys switch off of it?, i only bought 10 bags, so i can switch them off of it if need be and just go to Purina, as its the same price as the tradition was. as i know that one works.

Thanks if anyone else has any other info that would be great!!!!
Kim

At the time is was driving 400 miles one way to pick up feed from Tradition. The cost of the Kent was much cheaper and I did not have to drive but 4 miles to pick it up. I am now a Tradition dealer and they deliver right to my house.

ok.. thats the same as it is for me, drive a couple hours for tradition vs get the kent feed 5 miles away... so did you guys notice a big difference in the animal qaulity, i mean as you guys know i (along with many others) try very hard to do what i can to keep the quailty there.. the parts that i can control anyways. I finally have my water good, and i was very happy with the Tradition feed. I just need to know if i can count on this feed to hold up to what i am used to... ihope all this makes since... How much feed do you have to go through to be a dealer? My neighbor told me that she could get it shipped to my door, at 14.85 (at that time) a bag, plus shipping.... and i could order whatever i wanted... i never looked into it further bc i thought that the frieght would eat me alive.
THanks for your answers :D
Kim

I just have to order 6 tons at a time be it chin feed, pig feed goat, cattle or horse feed it is just a minimum order of 6 ton.

No I did not but I did not completely change over as I was using a blend of the two to cut cost.

hummm... ok... i am trying to figure out where the closest Tradition dealer is... so i can HOPFULLY stay with it...i just dont know its a hard decision

Back