Kale Chips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gella

I tried this the other night and it is delicious! The kale actually has a crunch like a chip and a great sort of nutty flavor to it, yum.

Kale Chips
Kale goes through many stages when you bake it ... first the leaves become bright
green and soften, then they begin to turn crisp. In between, they go through a
chewy-crisp stage, which is also delicious. The baking time is flexible ... just
keep checking the kale until it is done the way you like it.

Ingredients:

olive oil or oil spray for the baking tray
1 bunch of fresh kale, stem and ribs removed, and torn into chunks
2-3 Tbsp grated parmesean cheese*

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush or spray pan with oil.
Add kale and spread it out as much as possible.
Bake for 10 minutes, mixing it up one or twice during that time.
Sprinkle with parmesean and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally,
until it is as crisp as you like.
If you watch it closely and stir it enough, you can get it quite crisp without
burning it.

Remove tray from oven and let kale cool on the tray. The kale chips will keep in an
airtight container for one week. No refrigeration necessary. (Mine never last long
enough to test this, tho)

*Optional toppings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, sundried tomato bits, BBQ spices

that sounds very interesting! i love vegetarian recipes.
my fiance' is a huge meat eater and i am more of a chicken & fish kinda girl.
i am going to the farmers market this weekend, i will pick up some kale and try this!!
thanks for sharing, i would never think to put a lettuce in the oven.

Hmm, I'm going to try this too.

Last year some members posted recipes on how to prepare greens and I fell in love with a simple recipe that combines greens with bacon and chicken broth. I'd love to try this out as I'm always looking for ways to make healthy foods more palatable.

I am going to try this! I need some gluten free snacks ..and the gluten free cheese puffs I tried today were just ..ummm... they were gross!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Latest posts

Back