Just Curious

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siylvat

Anyone speak any other languages? I grew up only speaking English, but I love to study them. I have studied Mandarin Chinese for 5 years, and currently teach it to middle school students.

English, learned some Japanese taking karate, some Spanglish in high school, and Portuguese since I lived in Brazil for a while.

I took German in both junior high school and high school. I had it for a total of 5 years, and all those years ago I could even read books written in German. Today, since I don't use it, I've pretty much lost it.

I babysat for my high school German teacher, Herr Henschel. He was wonderful! He looked like Christopher Plummer. Anyway he used to give me my instructions in German! yikes! I used to tell his kids they were supposed to eat liver and onions because i'm pretty sure that's what their dad told me! LOL! they would laugh about it and it was a darn good time.

Auf wiedersehn!

I've been taking French since I was 12 - so about 8 years now. I was minoring in it until I realized that a) minoring in French is worthless and b) my college canceled the French department.

Spanish was my first language. I was born in the United States but was raised from the age of 8 months to 5 years old in Ecuador. I didn't learn to speak English until I was in Kindergarten. When my grandmother was alive she insisted that we never forget our first language so she refused to speak english with us. I speak spanish every day with my mom, although every now and then I insert an english word when I can't think of it in spanish right away, it's kind of funny if you are listening to the conversation.

Back