Joys of living in a ZOO!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aashly23

Mommy to Max and Mia!
Wednesday I decided that it would be a good idea to clean the chin cages with water and vinegar... While I was cleaning the cages, hubby was giving one of the dogs a bath. He opened the door when he was done and of course the dog came running out of there like a bolt of lightning. The dog bumped my bucket of water and I reached down and grabbed it. As I reached down....MY PHONE FELL OUT OF MY POCKET AND INTO THE WATER!!! It immediately started buzzing and then shut off and wouldn't come back on. I jumped up and started taking the phone apart to try to dry it out and wasn't paying attention to anything else. When I realized the phone wasn't going to work I walked back to the chin cages and then noticed I had LEFT IT OPEN!!! Max was halfway out of the cage and looked like he was trying to decide if the jump was worth it or not. I don't know what I would have done had he gotten out....probably would have cried. Oh and the phone I ruined was the Verizon Droid, it cost me almost $300. Luckily insurance covered it and I only had to pay a $50 deductible. Just got my new one today so my stress has been relieved lol.

When around water take your cell phone and put it away somewhere else. :) Always latch the cages...become OCD about latching cages....check three times. :D

I am glad it only cost $50...but that's just awful. If that happened to me, I would lose hundreds of phone numbers. :( You poor thing...

Always latch the cages...become OCD about latching cages....check three times.

i agree!

good thing you had insurance! those smart phones are not so smart sometimes ;)

i have the droid eris and i still cant figure it out...........maybe the phone is smarter than me!

Good thing no one was injured things could have been worse.

Always latch the cages...become OCD about latching cages....check three times. :D

Well, just maybe I kind of super glued some of the latches on my cage that I never used... lol.

i agree!

good thing you had insurance! those smart phones are not so smart sometimes ;)

i have the droid eris and i still cant figure it out...........maybe the phone is smarter than me!

I have the Hero and you are right..it is smarter than me! ;)

And I also live in a zoo, and things can get very tricky at times! I have had to com up with a separate schedule just for all my animals! And there are days I feel like this guy-------->:crazy:

Last edited:
I have become so paraniod with the animals. I get up during the night to check cages. It is the first thing I check when I get home and thank goodness Marshalls buisness is in the house someone is always here.

I have become so paraniod with the animals. I get up during the night to check cages. It is the first thing I check when I get home and thank goodness Marshalls buisness is in the house someone is always here.

I do this too..the least bit of noise from Zoe and Herby's cage and I jump out of bed to check....I think I am more paranoid about the chins than I was my kids when they were babies..

Latest posts

Back