Jail Break!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Two weeks ago Bryce was out of his cage in the night. My husband was getting ready for work and saw him out. I noticed he found the dusters in storage and had fun. But nothing like what was to come!

I put him away and his door had been open. Well I just couldn't believe I had done such a stupid thing. I'm pretty good about food/water/door checks. And a week goes by.

I crawl out of bed at 5:30 and head downstairs to the coffee pot half asleep and pass by the chin room. Took one more step and froze!!!! Took a step backwards and looked in the chin room. Looked like someone threw 5 pounds of dust all over the floor. EVERYWHERE!! :banghead: I stuck my head in the room and looked right at the cage that would hold Bryce. Sure enough, another jail break.

The first time he was out, I found him over at Ava's cage "smack talking" her. So that was easy to grab him, due to his pin head mind thinking "GIRL". This time he was sleeping at the base of her cage near the back. Ava showed him how much she admired his love speech by crawling into her tube at the top of her cage and snoring.

So now Mister Smarty Pants has a cage clip on his door. Being that he has a pea sized brain, he continues to tug that cage door like a zombie bent on flesh outside the walls. ( snorts )
The third photo is him passing out after the big night out.

So this is the score.>>>> Chin two. Girl won. ( not one) Hee Hee
And his mess below. Rolls eyes

Attachments

• Jan2014 007.jpg
    Jan2014 007.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 73
  • Jan2014 008.jpg
    Jan2014 008.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Jan2014 009.jpg
    Jan2014 009.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
i had to put up fleece to make sure my boy couldnt even see the girl. If he saw her and couldnt get to her, he would get so worked up and start having seizures. :(

Im glad your boy is ok!

My husband woke up with a chin on his face. We had modified a large aviary to be a chin cage but forgot the side breeder doors had no latch. Just a spring that gave resistance. She's been sliding the clips all around trying to get out the doors for the past week since that escape.

My goodness, if I had discovered that my little Chinchilla was out all night, I'd Freak! I'm glad that your little one wasn't hurt in this situation, which then makes it quite funny. Just shows how smart these little critters can be, even if they don't show it all the time. My belief; Chinchillas are always plotting devilish little antics! :angel4:

Latest posts

Back