I've got a Squirrel in my pocket!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLilPintoBean

Lovin' da Chinnies!
No Seriously! I do!! I'm fostering a baby squirrel for the next 6 weeks! We named him Rocky and he's such a bundle of energy!
Here's a pic we took when i got him home last night!

Attachments

• IMG00347-20110413-2200.jpg
    IMG00347-20110413-2200.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 165
Oh, man, HOW can I foster a baby squirrel??? I LOVE them!!!

He is absolutely adorable!!! :hearts: Snuggle him for me!!!

Contact your local wildlife alliance. Spring is baby squirrel season. I'm sure they need help with fostering. I usually take in a couple around this time of year.

Awwwwww! I love him! <3 I don't think I could foster one- I'd get to attached and wouldn't let it go! I fostered a dog once though...

He's such a love. Hasn't fussed about getting formula or anything. He likes to fall asleep in my warm, cozy pocket before I transfer him back to his cage. I got in contact with a local vet office and got my name on a list to foster them! I got another super cute shot of him today!

Attachments

• IMG00350-20110415-1321.jpg
    IMG00350-20110415-1321.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 78
Is it OK to have a baby squirrrel with chinchillas??? Does he live in a little cage??? How often does he need to be fed???

I'm thinking like Mikayla -- I would fall in love and want to keep him.

Do they keep them at a wildlife center or release them back to the wild???

Is it possible to keep them for pets???

Just wondering...

He's in a cat carrier well away from the chins. We are diligently washing our hands before we come near the chins as well because are unsure if there is potential germ/illness crossing. He gets fed every 3 or 4 hours but is able to go through the night without being fed. I'm head over heels in love with him, but I know he's not always gonna stay little and sweet! I'm not sure if you can keep them as pets. I mean "technically" you could, but in my state it's against the law to keep wild squirrels as pets.

Lynn- you can't own squirrels or any native animals I BELIEVE in CO, BUT you can own ostriches, wallabies, wallaroos, and kangaroos >.< I find that strange...I think it's all rabies.

Back