Is your horse enjoying the Spring?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinHedgies

I have one horse, Nomi, and she is loving the spring weather! Today she was bucking, rearing and carrying on while doing ground work. I love a horse with attitude! After she got done enjoying the sun we walked down to the river and both walked around in the water. The woodland flowers are beautiful right now!

P1000133.jpg

P1000142.jpg

P1000148.jpg

P1000097.jpg

P1000164.jpg

She is beautiful. It's always fun to watch an animal enjoy themselves.

Oh my .. She's beautiful! I simply adore horses! I cannot wait until my boyfriend and I can get a house with enough land to own one. Thank you so much for sharing these picture of your beauty :)) Glad she is enjoying the sunny weather!

Oh yes, my big TWH Shady is loving this, he gets all excited when I go get him, he is kept stalled during the day and turned out in the evening/night because he's black. He cant wait for me to get his gear on so we can go riding.

I would love to see pics of your TWH! And avecat - I actually board her at a barn about 20minutes from my house, my small backyard wouldn't keep her fed for too long!

Shady is also boarded, although I'm hoping to get him home soon... he would definately have to be fed hay/grain though as I'm sure he'd run out of grass pretty quickly! Here are some pictures of him! He's a BIG boy, over 16hh

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 136
All of your horses are beautiful! Mine are enjoying the spring, too. :) We haven't had much time to work with them yet, so they're kinda fat right now lol. But we will be soon, I'm so excited!

Ours are "making the best of it" right now. They are in a very small paddock they have over eaten already (they are currently getting unlimited hay). We're redoing our fencing, so they are stuck up close to the barn for now. Next wed. the fences should be finished and they can romp, buck and fart to their hearts content.

I'll have to get pictures of them once they have access to their pasture. We have a OTTB(Off the track thoroughbred) named handsome. A TWH named Lady and her 2 year old TWH daughter named Bella.

I'm not actively owning horses right now.. but the barn horses where I dink around at still are loving spring.. but not me and the shedding blade. Heh. I love this time of year.. say good bye to winter coats!!!

I'm not sure who is enjoying it more, me or my horse. She's definitely gained a lot of weight and the grass perking up is great. I'm not enjoying the dryness and the clay that is clumping to her feet and sucking out all her moisture.

Envy, I'm with you on big horses. She dwarfs me and I'm 5'11. :))

Bethany, I absolutely love the goat on the horse pic.

I loooove that roan! Gorgeous! My Shady boy is the most gentle, sweet horse I've ever been around, its like he reads my mind when we are out riding. Of course it helps that I've had him since he was 18 months old, and my trainer trained us together... so he knows MY cues, that I taught him. I'm sure most people wouldnt be able to ride him correctly since my cues are different! :D

Nomi is beautiful!

My horse Garrett sadly passed away 2 weeks ago. He was a Norwegian Fjord. I bet he would've loved to see the beautiful Spring weather this year.

Envy - your Shady is beautiful :) I've never ridden a gaited horse, but I've heard that its a lot of fun! There is one TWH at the barn I'm at and he is big too, and a very fast walker lol

Bethany - that goat is super cute!!! And the horse is very patient :) Someday I would love to have fainting goats, but that will have to wait till I live in the country.

Gabby - I'm so sorry to hear about your horse, that must be really hard. I can't imagine recovering from losing my horse, I've had her since she was 14 months old and we are very bonded. I hope you are able to find peace.

I lost my Arabian/Appy mare last October, I still have dreams about her, and I have her halter and pictures that I am putting in a shadow box. I dont think you ever really get over it. I'm just glad I still have my big guy, he does walk REALLY fast, he's a show horse prospect so he can really move!

Envy - I'm sorry about your mare :( A shadow box sounds like a beautiful idea.

Its seems like this spring has been hard for many horse owners in my area. One lady lost her horse during a severe thunderstorm, the horse freaked out and hit her head hard on the stall wall and died. Very tragic. I've heard some other horror stories which make me want to wrap my horse in bubble wrap!

Lol at Megan's farting horses! I haven't heard that sound in a few years....their farts do sounds really big and funny, kinda like a whoppie cushion.

i love seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of everyone horses. i always wanted one, they are such beautiful animals. and with such a typical long life span i can imagine that ya'll have wonderful bonded relationships.

Back