is this wheel ok?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

Last edited:
The wheel's a good wheel... the cage is so-so. I have two of them (had three at one point - we get a lot of rescues with those cages) and I think they're allright. I personally prefer cages more like the QC with smaller bar spacing cause there's never a problem attaching shelves. For attaching the wooden shelves to the cage, I would use the biggest washers you can find. I think they're like 1 1/4. I typically use the 1" and once you screw them tight like the bars are so far apart they don't grip well...

The wheel is big enough, I don't have one but I know lots of people use them. I have no idea about the other stuff though, some other people will have to chime in for that...

I have that cage for Zipper. The way the cage used to be set up the wheel (I have a flying saucer) would rattle the whole cage. We put in new shelves and racheted the edges of the cage together twice on each corner. It's virtually silent now. I used lag screws and 1.25" washers. If you'd like pictures of how I did it, let me know and I'll show you.

to SamiJami yes i would love to see the picture. I have been looking at pictures to get idea's. I cannot use a flying saucer with chi chi. She is scared to death of it. Luckly i got if off craigslist so it wasn't a waste of money.

to Crysta. Is the wheel quite?

It's the quietest wheel I have here. I don't hear it at all when Chula runs on it. I'll try to get some video.

Back