Is this sneezing/coughing? Video for reference too

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched your video and havent read through the thread, as im actually on here looking for info right now. In your video, Pedro is doing exactly the same thing my Chin did a few months ago. I brought her to the vet who did a quick xray on her. She had a "hairball" in quotes as there is no way to know what it was exactly ( most likely cardboard as she chewed it very quickly prior to the ponset of symptoms.

The vet gave her pain meds ( which i barely used)and said to give her some pineapple juice. She said the enzymes in the juice would break down the blockage. It worked, though it did give her a slight bloat. I only gave her a small amount for 2-3days and stopped as her symptoms had stopped. After i stopped the pineapple juice her bloat went away as well.
Hope this helped if you still needed info!

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45807&highlight=choking

This is the link to the thread from when this happened to my chin. I also posted a video.

Wow this is exactly the same! So I guess it has to do with a blockage in their throats when they do that. Weird as there aren't much infos on the subject, my vet didn't Xray Pedro so I can't know for sure if it was the same thing, but I think it's good to gather such infos in order to help others. Thank you so much for sharing the information here :)

Pedro is back to his normal self too, he eats/drinks and all the rest as he used to ^_^

Back