Is this fine?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljiayi

@chingary
picture.php

This guy here likes to droop his head while staying inside the house. Sometimes it last for awhile. Sometimes he stones there in this position for quite a while. Is it fine? Or should I remove the house?

Looks like he is sleeping or just resting. If you are using it as a dustbath and he remains in there, he will likely soil the dust, if it is just a hiding place, I would say it's just fine. He seems to like it.

He's all comfy in his little house. I agree with Brandy...it's fine. You definitely will need to clean it out every now and then. The little droppings will accumulate and he could urinate in there...definitely take the dust out or you'll have to clean up the possibly icky dust sludge that will build up.

I have the same dust house and my boys did the same thing. I had to take it out though, they were fighting over who got to sit in it and trying to get 2 in at once. It's definitely not big enough for two chins! lol

Latest posts

Back