is this cage ok for chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

http://www.ferret.com/item/feisty-ferret-home/600999/?intid=hpb10NOV26

Its perfect for me because I use bedding. Its not too tall right? It is on black friday sale so I wanna get it today. Also, has anyone buy cage off of ferret.com? Are they reliable? There is this cage available at the same price but slightly cheaper on shipping at petsupplies.com

Please help me make decision. My boy could get early christmas present today :)

It's a good cage. You will just need to remove the shelves and ramps.

I agree, it looks like a good cage, but fill it with wood ledges, maybe a fleece covered tube, and maybe a hammock...

Just be aware that these bars are known to snap easily. Most people who put a wheel in it have to brace the wheel with wood to keep this from happening. Also, only one door on each level open, so unlike a FN it's a bit harder to clean. Also, the bar spacing at the bottom isn't safe for chinchillas and they can get their feet/legs stuck in the bars. As far as I know the bottom grate can be removed.

Overall it isn't a bad cage, just not one of my first choices.

I agree-not the best option, but can be made to work. Take out all plastic, give them wood shelves and no wire mesh bottom. And fill it with lots of lovely toys and maybe hammocks midway or so that would keep chins from falling from top to bottom :)

It's very similar to a FN, though not quite as sturdy. For the $10 price difference you definitely get a larger cage that's much easier to clean than the Feisty Ferret. Between the two I would definitely go for the second.

I would also go for the second one-the large doors make cleaning much easier and make it easier to get chins out :) Still need wooden ledges and such but most all cages are going to need that

Thank you everybody :) after debating with myself all day long I decided to hold the thought for a while. I think i should invest on good wheel first. But all this info is very helpful. I'll keep that in mind after Christmas when I'm buying his new cage.

Latest posts

Back