Is this Bumblefoot?!?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbringas

short story. I was using the search engine to find a place to buy metal litter pans, because i'm going to tile her cage. THEN!!! a bumblefoot thread came up.... so i decided to check my chin, even though I always check her genital, eyes and teeth... never her feet.

I noticed the scabs and my cage is has a fleece bottom ALOT of fleece accessories, wood ledges, and a wheel.

I looked at a lot of threads before posting this. So is this vet worthy (moneys not an issue)? bag balm? other alternatives?
PLEASE PLEASE answer so if I need to take her to a vet I can go first thing tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• Bumblefoot.jpg
    Bumblefoot.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 77
OH THANK YOU GUYS!!! I was in such a panic it's midnight here and I've been refreshing this thread and searching all these horrible Google images haha. Thanks a million! Now I can sleep... tomorrow I tile the bottom of her cage :)

I agree, those are really nice feet for a chin. Just like humans, chins get calluses there, nothing to worry about and you don't need to tile if you don't want to.

All my girls have very calloused feet, your chins feet actually look really nice :)

Yep, I have some healthy feet that look worse then that. I remember my early days as a chin owner, I used to worry about everthing (rightly so, had a very sickly chin in the beginning). Always better to be safe rather than sorry, kudos to you for taking the time to research and learn.

I just want to thank everyone for helping me and most of the time telling me to relax haha I post a lot of questions. Just trying to take in all the knowledge I can about my chin :) I love CnH!!!!

Latest posts

Back