Is this blood in her urine??!?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie'sMum

Nutz over Chins
Ok this is what I found in her cage just now...do I need to find an emergency vet or can I do something myself???

The only change in routine was giving her a new treat with pumpkin in it, I had bought from a highly respected vendor from off this forum. That is the only thing I can think of.

Please help!!!

Attachments

• DSC01794.jpg
    DSC01794.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01795.jpg
    DSC01795.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01796.jpg
    DSC01796.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
Chin urine can range in color from yellow to a reddish brown depending on how much they drank that day, what they are, whether the sky is blue, etc. Looks normal to me, other than a bit more orange which could come from the pumpkin.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH CRYSTA!!!! If I saw you in person I would hug you till you burst! I was soooo scarred for Millie! I haven't found a exotic vet that is experienced in Chins, so i was even more worried that they would do more harm then good, if I end up somewhere that I have not researched :(

Kristy....ha yea understatement...my heart jumped out of my chest!

Thank you both so very much for responding so quickly and calming my nerves!
Phew....what a relief!!!

I know how frightening dark colored pee can be. One of my first chins had dark colored pee. I called up my vet and she asked what I had been feeding him. Turns out I had just started a new bale of hay that was darkish and his system was more sensitive than some of my others. It was scary at first

now that we've determined that there is nothing wrong with your chin Millie, don't you find it funny that the pee ended up being exactly where it looks like the skull has a runny boogery nose? :rofl:

*Gives reassuring hug*
I'd just like to say you're not the only one! First time I saw red orange coloured wee gave me such a shock, if I hadn't already seen a topic about it on a chin forum I'd have rushed him straight to the vet in a panic. In this case, it was because of some new sticks I'd given him, I think. :laughitup:

Back