Is the chin spin really quiet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleta

I bought a very nice 15' metal spin wheel on eBay and it is really designed well however it is making a lot of noise and of course she only wants to spin on it at night! Should I ditch this one and go ahead and spend the money on a chin spin or does it make noise also? Maybe I can just unscrew it at night and make her realize she has to spin during the day. Any advice would be great! Thanks

I can't attest to the Chin Spin, but I got Stanley the Silver Surfer and I find that it's really quiet. The most noise I hear is when he puts on the brakes and his feet skid across the metal.

I have a chin spin and a silver surfer. Both are quiet at first. With time they will get louder. That being said, I would spend the money on them again. My girls love their wheels.

Chin spins are relatively quite. The most I hear is when they poop in it and then run...or when they come flying out of the wheel and popcorn around the cage.

I would buy a chin spin again in a heart beat and recommend it to anyone.

I have a Chin Spin and where it attaches to the side of the cage, I have tucked paper towels between the bars and the hanging hooks to muffle the rattling. It helps, but I don't think you'll ever get a wheel that doesn't vibrate/rattle a little.

I have chins with both the silver surfer and chin spin. Both are quiet, but the chin spin is nearly silent. The only noise is from a wonky cage that doesnt sit quite right on itself!

My girls love their Chin Spin and I think it was well worth the $$$. Its very quiet...only noise is their cage rattling from them running like their tails are on fire or if a stray poop nugget is in there.
It attaches in 4 area's so its very secure.

I bought a very nice 15' metal spin wheel on eBay and it is really designed well however it is making a lot of noise and of course she only wants to spin on it at night! Should I ditch this one and go ahead and spend the money on a chin spin or does it make noise also? Maybe I can just unscrew it at night and make her realize she has to spin during the day. Any advice would be great! Thanks

I bought one on ebay as well, but it's 16". I'm concerned that the running path is only 4". The current plastic one is 4.5", so it might be okay. We'll see if it's quiet. Please let us know about the chin spin, if this one doesn't work out, I'm getting the chin spin.

I've had a Chin Spin for the past 5 years, and it makes a lot of noise when the cage rattles. Also, the ball bearings wore out quickly, and that makes it even noisier.

I just bought a Flying Saucer out of hopes that the ball bearings will last longer and that it'll be more quiet.

I just put a Chin Spin in my Critter Nation, and it does not cause much cage rattle (I barely hear when my little guy is using it, unless something like a pellet or piece of poo is in the wheel with him). It is super quiet, although it is new, so I'm sure the sound will increase as the bearings wear. They provide an extra set of bearings, so that's a plus.

Back