Is my kit too small for a Ferret Nation (bar spacing)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
So I recently got a baby chin that was born Aug 27. So he is like 12.5 weeks old. I am wondering if he is still too small for a ferret nations bar spacing? I don't know his weight but he eats constantly and he's very healthy and active. Is there a way for me to maybe compare his head to the bars or something? As odd as that sounds haha please let me know! Thanks

He may be. It depends. If he is small for his age he might fit through. Most kits that age shouldn't be able to get through the bars.

I haven't weighed him but I have a picture
IMG_2930_zps3491ad35.jpg

The wire behind him has 1/2 inch by 1 inch spacing I think. It is a Quality Cage

He's definitely large enough for a ferret nation cage. Most people are concerned with 6-8 week olds because they're normally between 200-250g and some can fit through. A 12.5 week old at that weight would have some issues and wouldn't look that large.

My little guy was only 243g (I think, maybe 234g? Something like that!) when I first got him and I put him right in his FN cage with no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back